Need recipe using oven cooking bags | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need recipe using oven cooking bags

Last post Oct 27, 2009 11:31 AM by Lynn1018 . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Need recipe using oven cooking bags

I want to make some chicken breasts in those Reynolds oven cooking bags tommorrow but don't really have any good recipes. Would anyone have one they would like to share?

False
  • Re: Need recipe using oven cooking bags

Why not try doing some chicken with vegetables and some seasoning.  I would think that you could do anything in the cooking bags but it has been a long time since I used them.

Pam

False

Pamela

I have not used the oven bags in a long time either. Reynolds has quite a few recipes. This one sounded good to me.

Easy Chicken & Rice Dinner

Reynolds® Oven Bag, large size (14"x20")

tablespoons flour

cans (10 1/2 oz. each) condensed chicken broth

cups instant rice, uncooked

boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/4 lb.)

medium zucchini or yellow squash, sliced

medium red bell pepper, cubed

Seasoned salt

Lemon pepper

PREHEAT oven to 350°F.

SHAKE flour in Reynolds Oven Bag; place in 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Add chicken broth and rice to bag; squeeze bag to blend in flour.

PLACE chicken, zucchini and red pepper in bag in an even layer; sprinkle with seasoned salt and lemon pepper.

CLOSE oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top.

BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is tender. Stir rice before serving.

From

http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldskitchens/en/recipes/product_recipe_search.asp?Step=ProductRecipes&info_page_id=744&prod_id=1790&cat_id=1337

False

Thank you both for your replies. I did search at the reynolds site for a recipe first and did not really see anything I wanted to try. I want something low in fat and sodium, so I believe the chicken broth would make it high in sodium, but the recipe does look good.

False

I always cook my turkeys in Reynolds bags.  They stay nice and moist that way.  You could buy the regular size bags and cook a stuffed turkey breast or some stuffed chicken breasts.  I just put some flour in the bag and then add a large stalk of celery, a peeled onion and a carrot stick.  This adds a lot of flavor to the meat and even the stuffing.  Getting the cooked juices out to make gravy can get interesting, but if you cut off a corner of the bag, it pours a little better into a saucepan.  [:)

Hope some other posters have some good T&T ideas.  I've also looked at the Reynolds recipes that come with the bags but never found anything that jumped off the page for me to try.

False

I always cook my turkey or turkey breast, and even whole chicken in oven bags, but that is all I use them for. Since that comes out so well, I wanted to try using the bags with chicken breasts. I am going to try to figure something out before the day is up today. If it comes out well I will post what I did, if it doesn't, well, I won't be posting any failures, ha.

False

If you're concerned about the sodium level in the chicken broth, you could either make your own or buy the low-sodium version. 

False