Pumpkin Buckeyes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Pumpkin Buckeyes

Last post Sep 21, 2013 5:12 PM by trassy . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Pumpkin Buckeyes

I recently visited the Circleville Pumpkin Show and bought some delicious Pumpkin Buckeyes. Does anyone have a recipe for these? I would appreciate any and all info you can pass on.  Thanks!

False
  • Re: Pumpkin Buckeyes

I went out searching the internet for the recipe - nothing, BUT I came up with this idea.

Substitute canned pumpkin for the peanut butter in the Regular Buckeye recipe adding the spices you would normally put in pumpkin pie (or cookies). I bet if you get the right consistency you will have the recipe. The only thing I would be leery of IS how long could you keep them safely before they might spoil.

Good Luck

False

Thanks for your help.  I will have to give that a try, it sounds like it would work. I appreciate your reply and your good idea.  

False

kangamom, I found another hint for the Buckeyes.  A recipe for the Reg Buckeyes used graham cracker crumbs, also to get the right consistency.

1/2 cup very fine graham cracker crumbs  (if the recipe you try has graham cracker crumbs you may be ahead of the game).  GOOD LUCK

Worth trying.

False

Thanks for the good idea!  You've been very helpful and I appreciate your info.  Smile

False

What about using pumpkin fudge for the middle of the buckeye?  I think it would work to roll into balls & dip in chocolate.  Good luck with your buckeyes--they sound good! 

False

That sounds like a good idea!  I will have to give it a try. I bought pumpkin fudge at The Pumpkin Show too.  It was delicious! Thanks for the great idea!

T
    False

I was there too! However, they were out of the pumpkin buckeyes - we had to get pumpkin roll, pumpkin pizza and pumpkin soda from them instead =) - what were they like? I want to try it too. Was there peanut butter in the filling too or was it just pumpkin? I make buckeyes every year for Christmas and thought it would be great to make regular and pumpkin this year. They actually have a bunch of receipts on the Circleville Pumpkin Show website but not that one =(

False

The Pumpkin Show is the best, isn't it? The pumpkin Buckeyes had a richer, deeper taste than peanut butter Buckeyes, if that description makes any sense. I didn't notice any peanut butter flavor in them but can't be sure. They were delicious.I have scoured the internet and still no recipe for them. Still hopeful that sooner or later I will find one.

False

I thought of you Wed when I was reading the Dispatch, someone wrote in and asked for a recipe for pumpkin buckeyes!  So if you subscribe or have a friend or neighbor who does keep a look out in Wed's food section in case anyone sends in a recipe.  Maybe you'll get lucky and find a good one!

False

domesticfits.com/2012/09/26/pumpkin-peanut-butter-cups/

it is a recipe for pumpkin peanut butter cups, but you should be able to do buckeys the same way.

False

Did you ever find a recipe for these?

False