Can Cream Cheese be Frozen? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can Cream Cheese be Frozen?

Last post Oct 27, 2013 7:12 PM by MD11 . 16 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12
  • Can Cream Cheese be Frozen?

My supermarket has a special this week on 8 oz pkgs of cream cheese.  If you buy 10 pkgs you can get them for $.49 each.  I use quite a bit of cream cheese during the holidays but I'm not sure I'll use 10 pkgs.  My question is, can I freeze blocks of cream cheese?  Thanx.

Aubergine

False
  • Re: Can Cream Cheese be Frozen?

I freeze it all the time.  When you thaw it sometimes the texture is more crumbly but I just whip it up really good with an electric mixer. You don't notice it in the finished product.   Wow 49 cents.  I just paid 3.99 for an 8 oz package!

False

Running_Diva44
    Wow 49 cents.

No kidding! lol I would buy 30 at that price!!!!

Why does it have to cost so much more in Canada??????

False

Taste of Home Field Editor. Blogger & Photographer.  http://nutmegdisrupted.com/

WOW That's quite a sale!  I'm jealous!

False

Running_Diva44
    I just paid 3.99 for an 8 oz package!

That seems so pricey Sad It is usually 99 cents to 1.59 here.

I agree with R.Diva about the freezing - she described it perfectly.

~A

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

The Canadian dollar is not worth as much as the American dollar.  So it didn't cost $3.99 in U.S. money, if that is any help.  But it sure cost her more than we pay here in the states for it.

False

PalmSpringsGirl
    The Canadian dollar is not worth as much as the American dollar.

The difference in the dollar at this point is one US  dollar is  $1.071 Canadian  .

Sure should not account for such a huge difference in price for the Canadian posters.Tongue Tied

Good site to check Money exchange values - I use this site a lot as we travel back and forth across the border.Here Is another site (below)~A

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

I freeze it also.  Cindy

False

Thank you everyone.  I have my coupon in hand and am now on my way to Stater Bros. (southern california supermarket) to load up on cream cheese!

Aubergine

False
    Glad to read this... I too am from S. CA is it Philadephia brand? Need to check the paper.
    False

Denise

I freeze it all the time too - and here's another thought - - even if you had to toss a pkg or 2, you would still be saving big time - and you shouldn 't have to do that either.  Last week I paid 1.59 here in the midwest, but this week there was a special for.88, so I got 3. 

False

Actually Kaly I think it just depends where you are.  I live in the DC area. When I moved to the states from Canada I had real sticker shock at the grocery store. Almost everything was more expensive. I remember I used to buy avacodos in Canada for 79 cents. When I moved down here they were a dollar twenty nine, and that was about 10 years ago when the Canadian dollar was low.

I also really miss my Presidents Choice products.[:'(] I have found great grocery stores down here though. I love Trader Joes and Wegmans. Unfortunatley I have to drive quite a distance to get to Wegmans, so it's now a destination trip I take with a neighbor.

False

cookguy
    Actually Kaly I think it just depends where you are. 

I agree, I live in northern Alberta, and I know just 5 hours away in Edmonton, things are much cheaper. I must note though, all cheese in Canada is expensive!!!!!!!!!!!  lol

I have never paid less then $3.00 for a package of cream cheese....  NoIndifferent

I hear of some of the store in the US and wish we had them here.

False

Taste of Home Field Editor. Blogger & Photographer.  http://nutmegdisrupted.com/

The dollar is up this morning.

10.00 CAD

=

9.45687 USD

Canada Dollars   United States Dollars

Big Smile

False

[quote user="kaly_ab"]

[quote user="cookguy"I live in northern Alberta, and I know just 5 hours away in Edmonton, things are much cheaper. I must note though, all cheese in Canada is expensive!!!!!![/quote]

Some how I don't think it would be worth your while to drive 5 hours for groceries. lol

I don't get whats up with the cheese prices either. It's been that way for years.Cheese is like buying filet mignon these days.

False