Hellmans/Best Foods VS Miracle Whip | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Hellmans/Best Foods VS Miracle Whip

Last post Nov 27, 2009 2:52 PM by GFEZ6 . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • Hellmans/Best Foods VS Miracle Whip
    When I was growing up everything was miracle whip we had it on lettuce salads, tuna,salmon and egg salad.Deviled eggs, macaroni & potato salads ,sandwiches ,even occasionally on a slice of bread as a snack between lunch and supper any way I was just wondering are there some things you prefer made with one or the other or do you use them alternately ?
    False
  • Re: Hellmans/Best Foods VS Miracle Whip

I totally prefer Miracle Whip for everything.  But for some obscure reason my DS#2 requested "real" mayo on his lunch sandwiches.  So I bought a small jar of real mayo, tried it...yuck.  I still prefer Miracle Whip.  But DS#2 prefers the real mayo...don't know how he got that taste!  Until his request there has never been real mayo in this house!  LOL

cathy

False

Mayo for me.  I don't like Miracle Whip.

False
    Click for Easton, Pennsylvania Forecast

I like Hellmans but Miracle whip is ok for waldorf salad and some recipes.

False

I hate Miracle Whip, I was rasied on BEst Foods, and I still use it. All mu kids only use it to.

Vicki

False

Click for Redding, California Forecast

to me, miracle whip has a metallic taste--can't do it, ever! Mayo all the way. If I need a sweeter spread, I add stuff to mayo--very simple and keeps the creativity in my hands. Wonder if it's just what you grow up with and what you're used to.
    False

Hellman's Mayo.  I'm not one to put it on anything but in my potato salad, but that's all I use.  DH on the other hand, spreads it on his sandwiches daily.

Lori

False

I'm another miracle Whip hater, to me it tastes like vinegar, I prefer mayo, my DH on the other hand was one of 7 kids and his mother always used miracle whip, because it was cheaper, so when I make sandwiches I put mayo on mine and wiracle on his, but when it comes to potato/macaroni salads I use mayo cause miracle whip turns watery, and after 51 years  he's gotten use to it. Judy

False

IN GOD WE TRUST

Miracle Whip 95 % of the time....Only use Mayo in certain recipes that state use Mayo only...

Mayo tastes blah....like no taste at all....We like a little zing....

False

Hellman's Mayo, exclusively.  Even the consistency of Kraft mayo isn't as good as Hellman's, IMHO,but, in all fairness, I think a lot of it has to do with what you grew up on.  My husband's mother used Miracle Whip, so that is his preference.  However, when I put mayo in anything he never actually know the difference, nor cares.

False

Marilyn

I used both until we had health problems with a DGS and I read the list of ingredients of both. Mayo is simple.....Miracle Whip is chemicals and un-prounounceable things. I haven't bought it since then.
    False

Motorhomegal
    Mayo, exclusively

Yes It has to be  a good quality Mayo like Hellman's  for me I  don't care for Miracle Whip-
    Miracle Whip has dropped the High Fructose corn syrup it used to contain . The label pictured below contains  the current ingredients.

Miracle whip label

Here are the ingredients in Hellman's Mayo

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Interesting comparison, Alliea.....thanks for posting both of them.  I just think Kraft is, for lack of a better word, "slick", compared to Hellmans.....just something about it doesn't appeal as much.  I've also tried the olive oil variety and don't think I could tell the difference.  I never eat mayo by itself....mustard is my preference except on poultry sandwiches, but DH slaps it on EVERYTHING !  He never commented on the difference.....what about any of you ??  Can you tell the difference between regular mayo and olive oil ones ??

False

Marilyn

I also grw upo with Miracle  Whip  ~  My hubbys  family always used Hellmans  So  I switched  and I became  a real believer very quickly ~  The main reason  back then was that Miracle  Whip was  so sweet and it seemed to have no body to it ~   have been and always will be  a Hellmans  fan for  46 years ~  Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

I am a Miracle Whip user and not the lite stuff. I like the tangy taste of Miracle and prefer it, as I like Miracle Whip sandwiches! If someone else makes potato salad, devil eggs, etc., I would not be able to tell the difference. It was what I grew up on and what I am used to. I have tried Helman's mayonnaise and it has more body, but no good for a quick snack on bread. Good in a sandwich though with other ingredients. I find I used to buy a lot of stuff just because it is what I grew up with. Miracle Whip and Heinz ketchup are the only two things now that I stick to.

False