ISO: Dessert with pecan cookie bottom, cheesecake type center, chocolate pudding and cool whip on top! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Dessert with pecan cookie bottom, cheesecake type center, chocolate pudding and cool whip on top!

Last post Dec 02, 2009 8:08 AM by cinnamama . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • ISO: Dessert with pecan cookie bottom, cheesecake type center, chocolate pudding and cool whip on top!

I had the most fabulous dessert over Thanksgiving and wonder if anyone can recall a similar recipe?

It had a crust that tasted like a pecan sandie cookie (chopped pecan, flour based) with a light cheesecake type center, then a light chocolate pudding layer, then cool whip on top.  My husband went nuts over this (he is not a big sweet eater) so I would love to recreate this for him!  

Any help is most appreciated!  I'm sure it is a very simple dessert to put together but man is it delicious!

False
  • Re: ISO: Dessert with pecan cookie bottom, cheesecake type center, chocolate pudding and cool whip on top!

Oh my, when you find that, I want it too!!!! lol Sounds scrumptious!

False
  • Re: ISO: Dessert with pecan cookie bottom, cheesecake type center, chocolate pudding and cool whip on top!
    Chocolate Four Layer Dessert:

1st Layer:

1 stick margarine(melted)
    1 c.flour
    1/2 c.finely chopped pecans

Mix together,pat into bottom of pan.Bake at 350 degrees no longer than 15 minutes.(Crust won't be brown).Let cool.

2nd Layer:

1 (8oz.)pkg.cream cheese,softened
    1 c.powdered sugar
    1 c.Cool Whip

Mix together & spread on cooled crust.

3rd Layer:

1 small box chocolate instant pudding mix
    1 small box vanilla instant pudding mix
    3 c.milk

Mix & pour on 2nd layer.

4th Layer:

8 oz.Cool Whip

Spread on 3rd layer drizzle with chocolate syrup or grated chocolate bar.

False
    FOUR LAYER CHOCOLATE DESSERT
    Printed from COOKS.COM

1 1/2 c. flour
    3/4 c. chopped nuts
    1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
    8 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1 c. powdered sugar
    2 (8 oz.) containers Cool Whip
    3 1/2 c. milk
    2 tsp. vanilla
    2 sm. boxes instant chocolate pudding
    FIRST LAYER: Mix flour, melted butter and nuts, saving enough nuts to sprinkle on top when completed. Spread over the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees; let cool.

SECOND LAYER: Use mixer to blend cream cheese, 1 container Cool Whip and powdered sugar. Pour over crust and spread carefully with a spatula. Refrigerate while fixing the next layer.

THIRD LAYER: Mix 2 boxes instant pudding with milk and vanilla. Beat until thickened and spread over second layer. Refrigerate 10 minutes.

FOURTH LAYER: Spread remaining Cool Whip over top and sprinkle with nuts.

False

Those are the recipes that I use.  I also like to sprinkle chopped pecans on top for alittle crunch.  You can make this with any flavor pudding.  I've had it with lemon and it was very good.  I usually use chocolate.

Janet

False

I use butter pecan pudding instead of the chocolate. Any flavor will work.

False