Does anyone have recipes using cinnamon chips? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Does anyone have recipes using cinnamon chips?

Last post Apr 04, 2014 3:21 PM by GrandmaCookN . 23 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 12
  • Does anyone have recipes using cinnamon chips?

I am looking for recipes using the Hershey's cinnamon chips. Any would be helpful, because I bought a couple of bags of them from a store near my daughters house. My local store never has them. So, basically any type of recipe.....Candy (like easy fudge), non-yeast breads, cookies, etc. Any would be helpful. Thanks so much for those who reply. Also would like to wish everyone Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year.

KathieSmile

False
  • Re: Does anyone have recipes using cinnamon chips?

LOL...I just scrolled down a little and found another post about these chips, but there were no recipes...LOL

Kathie

False

This is the only recipe I have that uses them, and they're very good!

Snickerdoodle Blondies

1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1 egg, at room temperature
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup cinnamon chips
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 tablespoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray down an 8x8-inch pan. Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar; beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth.

Combine the flour mixture and the wet mixture and mix until well-blended. Stir in the cinnamon chips. Spread the thick batter evenly in the prepared pan. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a little bowl and evenly sprinkle the mixture over the top of the batter.

Bake 25 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool slightly. While still warm, cut into bars with a sharp knife.

False

THESE ARE KILLER !!!!

Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Cookies YES, YES, YES !!! FANTASTIC !!!

REALLY HEAVY DOUGH SO CERTAINLY NEED

THE KITCHENAID OR ELSE CUT RECIPE IN 1/2

3 eggs

1 cup raisins

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup butter @ room temperature

1 cup granulated sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2-1/2 cups flour

2 tsp baking soda

2 cups oatmeal

1 cup chopped pecans

1 cup cinnamon chips

At least 1 hour before making cookies, beat the eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the raisins. Cover and refrigerate.

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.

In a smaller separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and 1 tsp cinnamon (if you don't want to use the cinnamon chips, or if you want a more cinnamon flavor)  I use both !

Mix the flour mixture with the creamed mixture.

Mix in oatmeal, pecans and cinnamon chips.

Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. 350 degrees works fine, too. That was temperature on chip bag.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoon on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. 10 min. was perfect at either temperature.

Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to rack to cool completely.

This recipe makes about 7 dozen cookies, and they freeze very nicely.

False

Marilyn

Easy Cinnamon Bread

Ingredients

• 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour

• 1/2 cup sugar

• 2 teaspoons active dry yeast

• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

• 1 teaspoon salt

• 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)

• 1/4 cup butter, melted

• 1 egg

• 1 teaspoon baking powder

• 1 cup cinnamon baking chips

• Cinnamon-sugar

Directions

• In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, yeast, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, butter and egg. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; beat until smooth. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.

• Stir baking powder and cinnamon chips into batter. Spoon into a greased 8-in x 4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).

False

Marilyn

Can you tell me where you can purchase these Hershey's cinnamon chips? 

I've never seen them, but sure would like to buy a bag or two if I can find a store around town that has them.  The recipes posted here sound really good.

Thanks,

Lori

False

Lori, I love the cinnamon chips too and try and stock up on them in the fall-winter because the grocery stores around here don't carry them year round....which I don't understand.

If you can't find them at your store, here are 2 websites that I know of that carry them.  I've ordered them from Prepared Pantry and they're very good...smaller than the Hershey's cinnamon chips but very tasty nonetheless.  On another cinnamon chip thread, latte deb also suggested looking in an Amish or Mennonite stire if you have one in your area-she said that's where she usually finds them.

I can vouch for how good that Cinnamon Bread in a Hurry is that motorhome gal posted...I've made it....it's WONDERFUL- and very easy too-even with the yeast!

Carol

http://www.preparedpantry.com/chocolate-chips-wafer-baking-cocoa.aspx

Speaking of Prepared Pantry...this is a recipe using their chips I got from their website.....haven't tried it yet but it sure sounds good!

RAGGEDY ANN CINNAMON CHIP MUFFINS

"These muffins are made with cinnamon baking chips. In the high heat of the oven (the oven is set to 425 degrees), the cinnamon chips melt leaving swirls of cinnamon through the muffins. With all that melting cinnamon, the tops are often roughhewn and ragged and hence the name, Raggedy Ann Cinnamon Chip Muffins."

This recipe makes 10 large, well-domed muffins or 12 smaller ones.

2 large eggs
    1 c. buttermilk
    1 tsp. vanilla extract

2 c. all-purpose flour
    1/3 c. whole rolled oats
    1 c. granulated sugar
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 c. Prepared Pantry or equal cinnamon chips

FOR THE TOPPING:
    2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
    1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a muffin pan.

1. Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl. Add the buttermilk and vanilla. Set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together.

3. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the liquid ingredients. Stir only until combined. Add the cinnamon chips.

4. Drop the batter into the greased muffin cups. Mix the 2 Tbsp. sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon together. Spoon the cinnamon sugar over the muffins.

5. Place the muffin pan in the oven. Immediately turn the temperature down to 375 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes or until done. Baking times will vary depending on how well your oven holds heat. Cool the muffins on a wire rack.

False

I used my chocolate chip cookie recipe and add the cinnamon chips and leave out the chocolate chips.

False

Ilene

I am trying this morning a Snickerdoodle Bread - makes 4 loaves. If interested let me know at mrepol@aol.com and I'll send recipe.

False

I made Snickerdoodle bread this week. I use the recipe that Carol had shared from Barbara Bakes. It is so delicious! I use the Hersey's brand as I can get it right in the grocery store. I shared a loaf with a teacher I work with and she said she wasn't going to share it with anyone! I gave her the recipe! :)

I'd try the others listed too! Yum!

Lindy

False

Would you post the recipe? I always figure any thing with cinnamon or chocolate has got to be good!

TIA,

Toni

Gommy of 5 (and "pending")

False

Here's the link to Barbara's blog, Toni-you can get the recipe there-just click on the title...........

SNICKERDOODLE BREAD

It's WONDERFUL...........

Carol

False

Cinnamon chips are wonderful!  It looks as if those here have covered many wonderful recipes.  Thank you everyone that posted as I've only used the cinnamon chips in the cookie recipe from the back of the package.  Now I'll have more recipes to try.   Yes, they are only available in the fall season so as Carol 1229 said, stock up. 

Just a note, the cookie recipe on the package back is fantastic but I made a slight change.  I increased the amount of chips by 1/3 but I took those extra chips and put them in my mini-blender & chopped them into very small pieces, then added them to the batter, along with the amount for the recipe and other ingredients. 

We like it here but some might not, just a suggestion.

False

Carol, I have that recipe, but mine calls for 2 &1/2 cups of flour, it is so good, I am putting this in a recipe book , that the library I belong to is printing.

False

another wonderful recipe from Carol

http://bestoflongislandandcentralflorida.blogspot.com/2013/11/cinnamon-chip-zucchini-bread.html

False