Have you used those guacamole seasoning packets in the produce section? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Have you used those guacamole seasoning packets in the produce section?

Last post Jan 04, 2010 10:06 PM by cooknchic . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Have you used those guacamole seasoning packets in the produce section?

I am SO craving guacamole and getting ready to go to the store.  Someone told me that this packet makes great guacamole.  Have you ever tried it?  Don't want to waste my money as avacados are expensive if it's not good!

Otherwise, do you have a good spicy guacamole recipe?

Thanks in advance!

False
  • Re: Have you used those guacamole seasoning packets in the produce section?

Hiya Kim!!  So good to see you!

I have used the packets years ago, but it wasn't too spicy as I remember.  I do remember liking it, and was just thinking about getting some myself!  Could you make it up and then let sit for awhile and taste?  You could always add a little something spicy, couldn't you?

Hugs!!

False

Hi there girl!

I was thinking about trying it - my DD (who is 18 now, can you BELIEVE it?? lol) said she liked it.  I was thinking of adding a few dashes of Frank's Red Hot (LOVE that stuff!) for spice if I needed it.  Guess I'll try it!  Now that I think about it, it's probably just cheaper to go to the local mexican place I like and get some to go!  But it's one of those things I've always wanted to try making.

Can you send me an email when you get time?  casslepier@yahoo.com

Thanks and Happy New Year!

False

Yep, I have used them many times.  At our store they come in mild or hot.  Really good.

False

Marilyn

Yes, we use it all the time. The extra spicy one and add chopped red onions, lime juice and a chopped jalapeno. The packet that I use you need 2 avacados.

False

Nice to see you back Kim.

We use them all the time. They are very good. You can get the hot or mild. We prefer the mild.

BJ

False

Find more about Weather in New Bedford, MA

I used the extra spicey packets I found in the produce section and it is really good!  I'll be using it again - so easy!!!

Thanks all!

False

Hi sweets!  Just got back to this ~ I'll shoot you an email :)

Glad you liked your guac!!

False