Rec & Rev w/Pic "Candykisses Sprite Biscuits".......Excellent and Easy!!! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Rec & Rev w/Pic "Candykisses Sprite Biscuits".......Excellent and Easy!!!

Last post Jan 12, 2010 8:50 PM by SoCalScottishGal . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • Rec & Rev w/Pic "Candykisses Sprite Biscuits".......Excellent and Easy!!!

Candykisses posted this recipe today in What’s Cookin’ and I decided to give it a try since I was thinking about trying it out anyway so here is a pic of the final result taken with my cell phone and they were very good indeed and this is already in my keeper book because I will use it from now on.

Now if I can make a real biscuit that is can-less…anyone can!!!
    I made mine with diet 7-up because that is what I had on hand and Bisquick because we don’t have Pioneer mix here in Calif.

These go together and bake up in no time flat which is another bonus to them.

Thank you La Donna for sharing your great recipe and tell Jim…..they are my favorite biscuit recipe now too! J

~Jan~

SPRITE BISCUITS by Candykisses

Serves: Makes 12-15 (depending on thickness)

Effort: easy

Comments: Jim said this is his favorite biscuit. They are very light. This recipe is posted in the May/June 2004 issue of Quick Cooking pg. 49. Below I will send the version that Quick Cooking put in.

Published in the 2005 Quick Cooking Annual Cookbook pg. 157

I make these with lite sour cream and diet sprite and you can tell no difference at all. I do NOT care for the low-fat biscuit mix though.

INGREDIENTS:

4 c. Pioneer biscuit mix

8 oz. Sour cream

1 c. regular Sprite

INSTRUCTIONS:

Mix Sprite and sour cream. Add biscuit mix gradually.

Roll dough on floured surface and cut with a biscuit cutter.

Bake 20 minutes @ 400º

“The trouble with making mental notes is that the ink fades so fast”

SOUR CREAM BISCUITS

These light fluffy biscuits are some of the best you’ll ever eat,” assures LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma. She serves them with a sweet citrus butter that’s also great on pancakes

4 c. biscuit/baking mix

1 c. (8 oz.) sour cream

1 c. lemon-lime soda

ORANGE HONEY BUTTER:

1/2 c. butter, softened

1/3 c. honey

2 t. grated orange peel.

Place the biscuit mix in a large bowl. Combine the sour cream and lemon-lime soda; stir into biscuit mix just until combined. Turn onto a floured surface, knead 4-5 times. Roll to 1/2” thickness; cut with a 2 1/2” biscuit cutter. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

In a small mixing bowl, beat the butter, honey and orange peel until fluffy. Serve with biscuits.

Yield: 1 1/2 dz. biscuits

False

SCSG Jan blue eyed mouse siggy

~~The most important things in life aren't things!~~ 

• Re: Rec & Rev w/Pic "Candykisses Sprite Biscuits".......Excellent and Easy!!!

Boy does these ever look so good.

Did you save me one.

How have you been doing

Sending you hugs,

Margie

False
    In loving memory of Suzy

Of course Margie, there is always room for you around my table.

I'm doing good and I hope you are too. Since the board change I never see you anymore, miss you. I know your over in Junes with Sherry and everyone but I'm doing good to get posting here LOL. Thanks for the compelement sweet lady.

Hugs back at yaBig Smile,
    ~Jan~

False

OMGosh, Jan, great picture! Thanks for sharing! Thanks too to LaDonna! Waving to Margie too!
    False

Thank you Susie. Still using my cell. Don't know why I can't get the pics from my camera to my computer? I think I need a new one..computer that is.
    I'm proud of me because I am no baker person by a long shot but I could do these pretty easily. They would be really good with some sausage gravy...too bad I'm actually on a diet but I will try that soon....real soon!Big Smile

~Jan~

False

these sure do look good~and we love orange butter.

Thank you, Ladies, for the recipe and review!

Linda

False

Man, those look good.   We had sprite biscuits last night.

I'm so glad you liked them.  Thanks for the review.  Smile

False

False

Oh those biscuits look soooooo good Stick out tongue. I like that you don't have to use yeast to make them.

Thanks CK and Jan for the R&R's.

NancySmile

False

A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero

Thanks Ladies for the recipe and review - those look good

False

Great job Jan on the biscuits,review, and pic.
     Thanks CC for the recipe.
     Rosie

False

Work out of the way now I can 'Play"  great Review and not only easy but a Great little recipe !  nancy you are so right  !  no fighting with the Yeast ~  Thanks  Jan and Ck ~ Might just sneak in a few myself ~  Janie  ~ Yes

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Sounds wonderful, checking super walmart for Pioneer Brand Biscuit mix.

Thanks Deb

False

I would like to try these tonite but only have sierra mist.  I would think that it would be fine.  I hate to vary from the recipe if anyone thinks it would ruin them.    They look so nice and fluffy which I know DH will love.

False

candykisses_Oklahoma

It's my pleasure La Donna to do a review on such a great little recipe. I knew you had them last night because when you mentioned it yesterday morning I thought to myself "I can make these" to go with the soup I'm making and when I went to look for the recipe you had posted it almost like you were reading my mind LOL, anywhow I am so glad you did and don't know how I missed these all this time?

Allspice, Candykisses said she usually uses Fresca because it is what she usually has on hand and I used 7-Up for the same reason and they turned out great so I say...go for it if Sierra Mist is a lemon lime soda.

They are yummy good :) I'm actually on a diet but broke the dinner part to try these last night and I have to conffess I ate threeEmbarrassed
    One weekend in the very near future I am treating myself to some sausage gravy over some buttered for breakfast/ That was always my DH's all time favorite thing to have in the morningStick out tongue and pretty much mine too.

~Jan~

False