dinner for 12 ladies | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

dinner for 12 ladies

Last post Feb 16, 2010 8:53 PM by Margielou_wa . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • dinner for 12 ladies

if you were having 12 ladies for dinner,  what would you fix?

thanks for suggestions and recipes :-)

False
  • Re: dinner for 12 ladies

Lasagna!  It's the only thing I can make without messing up Embarrassed   Add a nice salad, some garlic bread & a bit of wine.....

Unless one of the guests has some dietery restrictions?

False

TTFN - Pud

The last couple times I had the girlies over, I made chicken noodle soup and beef veggie soup.  It was served with crusty warm bread and butter and a sinfully rich dessert.

False
    Stimpy Click for Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin Forecast

Last time I had a group of women over, I had a variety of finger sandwhiches,variety of flavored dips with vegetable tray, fruit tray, crackers, vegetable pizza, cake, cookies, punch, and coffee.

False

Shrimp scampi with rice and salad or chicken scallopini with fettucinni and spinach salad

False

I'd serve a first course of mixed greens salad topped with fresh homemade croutons using San Francisco sourdough bread & choice of dressings. Next Old-Fashioned Chicken ala King in Patty Shells served with honey-glazed carrots. 

Sooooo many choices for dessert........takes some more thought......Chocolate Mousse?  A chilled Fresh Lemon Souffle?     oh dear...

Let us know what you decide?

False

Hello

i would make a Pasta Party and make a buffett with green salads with 2 dressings in a jug and a few bowls with different toppings. Then 2 Kinds of Pasta and 3 Kinds auf sauces as a marinara, pesto and a meat sauce or a vegetable sauce or cheese sauce and soem freshly grated parmesan, as a dessert i would make a huge fruit salad and a black mousse and blondies

Twinkle 

False
    You are welcome to visit my blog...http://cherryblossomtable.blogspot.com/

I've done soup, green salad, and fruit salad or something like a mound of chicken salad, a fruit salad and a pasta salad. I usually have some kind of smallish muffins with it. For dessert I've had crepes with a chocolate mousse inside and the easiest - a good nut bread with sliced strawberries and whip cream.

False

If I know what the occasion is I can have a better idea of what I would serve.

I love having friends over.

kathy

False
    CaliCynthia, I'd like to come over to your house for the meal you're describing. Can you put the Chicken ala King in Patty Shells recipe here so we can all try it? Thanks.
    False

I have done John's Taco Salad for my bunco group of 12 ladies and it got rave reviews, just like the reviews it has received here on the recipe board. I made the salads in individual flat bowls.  I would double or triple the recipe for 12 ladies. 

John's Taco Salad

1 lb. ground beef
    chopped onion
    1 envelope taco seasoning (plus water called for on pkg)
    1 can enchilada sauce
    Catalina salad dressing (Use enchilada sauce can to measure equal amount of Catalina )
    3-4 c. romaine lettuce, chopped
    3-4 c. iceberg lettuce, chopped
    Nacho Cheese Doritos (have to be Doritos)
    shredded colby/jack cheese
    chopped onion
    chopped tomato
    sliced black olives

brown beef w/ some chopped onion. drain and add taco seasoning & water. Make as pkg directs.

In a bowl layer romaine & iceberg lettuce, seasoned beef, chopped onion, tomato, sliced black olives, doritos and shredded cheese. Mix equal parts of enchilada sauce and Catalina dressing.   Serve w/ dressing/sauce ladeled over it.

False