Dream Whip Cheesecake-Old recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Dream Whip Cheesecake-Old recipe

Last post Jul 08, 2004 10:58 AM by ladybugmom . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Dream Whip Cheesecake-Old recipe
    Hi,

When I was growing up in the 60's, a very popular and easy cheesecake came to all the potlucks. It was in a 9x 13 pan and I believe it was a graham cracker crust and then you whipped Dream whip and cream cheese together and put that on top and then topped it all with cherry or blueberry pie filling. It was done in a jiffy, no baking. Don't know why, but I thought of it yesterday and now an craving it. Can anybody help me out with a recipe?
    Thanks, Karen
    False
  • RE: Dream Whip Cheesecake-Old recipe
    Cherry Cheese Cake
    This recipe is from JoAnn McCarville of Palatine, who writes "I got this recipe from a friend of mine about 15 years ago, and every Christmas this is a must. This is really delicious, a family favorite."

Ingredients:
    1 Graham Cracker crust
    2 packages Dream Whip
    1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 can cherry pie filling
    Directions:
    Prepare 2 packages of Dream Whip as directed on the box. Beat until it stands in peaks.
    Next, in a separate bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until mixed well.
    Combine Dream Whip with cream cheese mixture. Mix well. Pour mixture into Graham Cracker crust and chill for about 1 hour.

Top with cherries and chill until ready to eat.

This recipe is from Now....you're cooking! http://www.donogh.com/cooking/

False
    Thanks so much, jeniHusker, I will try it tomorrow. It sounds perfect!
    Karen (blueroads)
    False
    Thanks for the memory. My mom use to make this for many special occasions.
    False
    You're very welcome, Karen. I remember my aunt Marsha made two of these cheesecakes for my high school graduation open house. A blueberry and a cherry. Since then, blueberry has been my favorite.

Jenni
    False
    blueroads,
    You can use a tub of cool whip too. I have trouble with the dream whip not having enough volume.But cool whip works great. And it takes less time!!
    ladybugmom
    False