Chocolate Deviled Eggs | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Chocolate Deviled Eggs

Last post Apr 02, 2012 8:06 AM by paulette_ . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Chocolate Deviled Eggs

Found on here a couple years ago......

Well, I made some of these over the weekend. They tricked the entire family. Not one person thought they were candy! Then, I put them in the teacher's lounge at school. You should have heard it in there. Everyone was crowded around them and teachers were dragging each other in to see them. What a hoot! Today, I took them to the doctor's office. The nurses went nuts over them and couldn't wait for lunch to run out and get the supplies. The doctor thought they were unbelievable. This is a great recipe! Here's a picture of them:
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Feb-15-Wed-2006/living/5789342.html

Chocolate Deviled Egg

CHOCOLATE DEVILED EGGS

White chocolate coating
    Yellow chocolate coating
    Chopped pecans or walnuts
    Red sanding sugar

Melt white chocolate and pour desired number of eggs, using a half-egg mold. Allow to harden. Melt yellow chocolate. Add just enough white chocolate to make the yellow chocolate similar to the yolks of deviled eggs. Mix in enough chopped nuts to make the mixture looks lumpy. Let mixture cool slightly, just until it starts to thicken. Mound a spoonful atop each white egg half and sprinkle with red sugar. Allow to harden.

NOTE:
    •I bought a plastic egg tray (like what you would use to care them in)at the store (Meijer's), it's the perfect mold for these, and it was only $1.50.
    •I got the chocolate at the craft store (Pat Catan's). It takes 10 nickle sized discs of white chocolate to make one egg.
    •Use a glass microwave safe dish for melting the chocolate. My plastic one melted.

False
  • Re: Chocolate Deviled Eggs

LOL!!!  When I read the thread title I thought "Noooooo - that just isn't right!"   Too funny and how cute.  I think they would be great inside the little plastic eggs in an Easter basket.  People would open them up and think I'd (or the Easter Bunnly) lost my mind!  

Thanks for posting the recipe and picture.   I may have to give this a shot.

Suziee

False

I was thinking YUK and was going to say so... hahah   but wow are these cute!

Karla

False
    Karla

Oh I've got to check these out!

False

zakons, You are always such a wealth of info and great researcher...I was really hoping this was the answer to what I was reading about the history of Easter Eggs! lol

Do you have any info or recipe for this or do we just deep fry those Mars bars? YUM

Deep-fried chocolate Easter eggs are sold around Easter time in Scottish fish and chips shops. The idea was invented in a northeastern Scottish takeaway as a sequel to the extremely popular deep fried Mars Bar.

Linda

False

What a neat idea!!!

Thanks!

False

Taste of Home Field Editor. Blogger & Photographer.  http://nutmegdisrupted.com/

kaly_ab
    What a neat idea!!!

Yes

Thanks for sharing

False

What a great April Fools !~  Can you just picture someone bitting into this~  lol  ~  Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

I haven't seen the plastic egg cartons here.  I wounder if you could use an egg carton, not the paper cardboard ones, but the others for the molds.  I don't know what they are made from, but they could be washed really well.   Those are so cute.  My grandkids would love them... 

False
    Photobucket

.......to the top!

False