need recipes using egg noodles | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

need recipes using egg noodles

Last post Mar 29, 2010 5:14 PM by onesassy . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • need recipes using egg noodles

I went to a bulk food store and bought med. egg noodles...Not realizing that when I went to Aldi's for my everyday groceries that I had gotten some there, too.

So, now I have Way Too Many egg noodles. What can I make with them besides tuna noodle casserole and beef stroganoff?

Made the beef Stroganoff last night...it is so quick and easy.

Brown ground beef in pan, add 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup...That is how My mom served it. I "spice it up" with a healthy squeeze of ketchup (I would guess about 1/4 of a cup maybe) and some worchestershire sauce (a couple of Tbsp maybe) until it tastes good. If it gets too thick add some sour cream or milk to make it more "saucey"

False
  • Re: need recipes using egg noodles

Noodle knugle (sp?), chicken 'n noodles, chicken noodle soup....since they'll keep for a long time, you don't have to hurry. If you're worried about little 'pasta bugs' or whatever gets into them, I'd take them out of the bag & store them in a glass jar....just tape the cooking instructions to the outside of the jar, or tuck it inside...some seem to cook in 7 to 8 minutes, others take 12 min.  As a side dish, I like to cook the noodles, drain & add a lump of butter, grated Parmesan cheese, sprinkle a little garlic powder, dried dill, dried parsley, chives (unless you have fresh herbs), oregano...whatever you like, seasoned to taste & serve with your main course.

False

posted by Dharma77::

This recipe is one of my mom's recipes she made a lot when I was growing up. It was a family favorite.

1 cut up chicken with or without the skin (I prefer it without the skin it is not greasy)

1 small yellow onion, chopped

1 TBS oil

2 cans of tomato soup

2 TBS curry

1 TBS cumin

1/2 tsp of salt

pepper

3/4 can of beer ( you can substitute with 1 cup water) my mother never put beer in hers and it was still very good.

parmasean cheese

cooked egg noodles

Saute onion with oil just until softened. Add tomato soup, seasonings, and beer(water). Place chicken in 13x9 baking dish. Poor tomato mixture over the top of the chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Just before serving sprinkle with pamasean cheese. Serve over egg noodles.

Enjoy!

Stephanie - IL
    False

SMOKED SAUSAGE NOODLE BAKE posted by Beach_Eagle

1 lb. smoked sausage
    8 oz. uncooked medium or wide egg noodles
    2 tablespoons margarine
    ½ cup chopped onion
    ½ cup chopped celery
    1 can (17 oz.) cream style corn
    ½ cup sour cream
    ½ teaspoon salt
    dash black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles according to package directions. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and celery until crisp tender. Combine noodles, onion, celery, corn, sour cream, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Pour into a buttered shallow 2-quart baking dish. Cut sausage into serving size pieces. Arrange noodles and push partially into noodles. Bake 40 minutes.
    False

HAMBURG STROGANOFF posted by Beach_Eagle

1 lb. ground beef
    ½ cup chopped onion
    ¼ cup butter
    2 T. flour
    1 teas. salt
    1 teas. garlic salt
    ¼ teas. pepper
    1 (8 oz.) can mushrooms
    1 (10 ¾ oz.) cream of chicken soup
    1 cup sour cream
    2 cups noodles, cooked

In a large skillet cook and stir ground beef and onion in butter until onion is tender. Stir in flour, salt, garlic salt, pepper, and mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in soup, return to heat, simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve over cooked noodles.
    False

CROCK POT PIZZA posted by Beach_Eagle

1 - 12 oz. package wide egg noodles
    1 1/2 lbs ground beef or turkey
    1/4 c chopped onion
    1 - 28 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
    1 4 1/2 oz. jar mushrooms drained and sliced (optional)
    1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
    1 3 1/2 oz. package pepperoni sliced and halved
    3 cups shredded mozzarella
    3 cups shredded cheddar

Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Drain noodles. In a 5 qt crock-pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, spread a third of the meat sauce. Cover with a third of the noodles and pepperoni. Sprinkle with a third of the cheeses. Repeat layers twice. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted.
    False

Made this for dinner last nite.

Sour Cream Noodle Bake posted by Heidi_Brampton_Ontario

8 oz. pkg of Egg Noodles
    1 1/4 lb. Ground Beef
    1 sml can mushrooms (optional)
    2 Tbsp. Butter
    1 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. pepper
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    1 (8 oz.) can of tomato sauce
    1 cup creamed cottage cheese
    1 cup Dairy sour cream
    6 green onions, chopped
    3/4 cup shredded cheddar or Mozzarella cheese.

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Cook noodles, rinse and drain. Brown meat in butter. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder, mushrooms then tomato sauce. Simmer for about 5 minutes.

Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, onions and cooked noodles.

In a 2 layer casserole, alternate layers of noodle mixture with meat mixture, beginning with noodles and ending with meat. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for about 25 min.

(I used a little more than 8 oz of tomato sauce, because the can I opened was 15 oz. It was good)

Also last nite, I had run out of egg noodles, so had some small ziti style past, and used it - that worked out good too.

If I have enough sauce I put it in the bottom of the casserole too.

Good quick comfort meal.

Heidi.

False

posted by richlinKY

Here are a couple of good noodle recipes:

Kugel
    1 12 oz. package egg noodles
    6 onions, sliced
    1/8 cup of oil for frying
    salt and pepper t0 taste
    4 eggs
    1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
    paprika to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Cook noodles in salted boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes for until al dente (drain.) While noodles are cooking, cook onions in oil, in medium saucepan over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until brown and soft. In large bowl, mix noodles, onions, eggs, bread crumbs and salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly. Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Sprinkle with oil, and bake 50 to 60 minutes until top is crispy and golden brown.
    This is good served as a side dish with roasted chicken or pot roast.

Noodle Pudding
    1 12 oz. package egg noodles
    3/4 cup white sugar
    3/4 cup raisins
    3/4 cup chopped pecans
    1 teaspoon salt
    4 eggs, beaten
    1/2 cup of butter
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles for 8 to 10 minutes until al dente (drain.) In a large bowl, combine noodles, sugar, raisins, pecans, salt and eggs. Melt butter in a 8 x 12 inch baking dish. Tilt to coat the dish with the melted butter. Pour remaing butter into noodle mixture and stir. Pour noodle mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes until top is browned.

Both these recipes are very good!

False

posted by carolinacooker

I made this great "comfort food" for dinner tonight and it was a winner! The only things that I did differently were to use all chicken breasts and I added a bay leaf.

Thanks, Kaci0, for sharing this one! It was both easy and delicious!!

Chicken Noodle Soup

Source: Top Secret Recipes’
    version of Hard Rock Cafe®Chicken Noodle Soup
    by Todd Wilbur

Posted by Kaci0

1 pound skinless chicken breast fillets
    1 pound skinless chicken thigh fillets
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 cup diced onion (about 1/2 of a medium onion)
    1 cup diced carrot (about 2 medium carrots, peeled)
    1/2 cup diced celery (about 1 stalk)
    4 cups chicken broth
    4 cups water
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
    3 cups wide egg noodles

Preheat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté chicken breasts and thighs for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides and cooled through. Remove chicken from the skillet to a cutting board to cool a bit.

Reduce heat to medium/low, add butter to skillet then toss in onion, carrot and celery. Slowly cook the veggies (sweat them) for 10 minutes, stirring often, or until carrots are beginning to soften.

Chop the chicken, then dump all of it, plus the veggies, chicken broth, water, salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon parsley into a large soup pot. Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add noodles and simmer
    for an additional 15 minutes or until noodles are soft. Serve with a pinch of minced fresh parsley sprinkled on top.

Makes 8 servings.

http://home.thirdage.com/Food/columbiacooker/Maincourse4.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/7v7z5

False

The gravy from the pork chops is great served over egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.

pork chops (mine were thick & boneless)
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 package dry pork gravy mix
    1 soup can water
    1/2 onion chopped

Dredge pork chops in flour. Fry in hot skillet with 1 Tbsp. oil for 3-4 minutes per side until brown. I sprinkled salt, pepper, on each side of the pork chops as they fried. Remove browned chops to a plate. In same skillet brown the onions, scraping up any stuck on bits from the pork chops. Stir in the soup, dry gravy mix, and can of water. Stir until all is well mixed and boiling. Place the pork chops back in the pan in the gravy. Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. **Let these simmer until tender, at least 20 minutes. They can simmer longer depending on thickness of the pork chops. I let mine simmer for 30 minutes, the time it took me to peel, cook, and mash the potatoes. This is so easy and so delicious. You've just gotta try it. DH also loves this with egg noodles or rice instead of potatoes.

** The pork chops and gravy can be placed in a baking dish and put in the oven to bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees instead of finishing on the stove.

False

Check out this thread for Noodle Recipes.  Enjoy!  Smile

http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/t/204064.aspx?PageIndex=1

False

Haluski

One head of cabbage chopped up

one stick of butter

one onion cut up

melt butter - add onions and cabbage.  when browned up nicely add cooked egg noodles.  Great comfort food.

Janet

p,s,  I always try to cut back on the butter - when using 1/2 stick I end up putting more in because it is so dry.  One time I put in a dash of olive oil instead of all butter.

False

Chuck Wagon Skillet
    Recipe from a wonderful lady, Spicey8/Bev who has passed away. One of our favorite recipes.

1 pound ground beef
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    2 TBS butter or margarine
    Salt & pepper to taste
    2 cup cubed cheddar cheese (I use an 8-ounce bag of Colby and Monterey cubes)
    8 oz. block Jalepeno cheese or hot pepper cheese, cubed
    2-cup medium egg noodles, uncooked
    2 (14.5 ounce each) cans diced tomatoes
    1/4 cup water.

In frying pan melt butter and sauté onion. Add meat; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown slowly.

Pour off excess fat. Add cheese to cover meat. Add noodles to cover cheese

Pour tomatoes and water over all. Cover, turn heat to low and simmer 30 minutes.

DO NOT UNCOVER WHILE COOKING ( Stir occasionally but return the lid)

False

Kathy