Do you refrigerate unused Bisquick mix? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do you refrigerate unused Bisquick mix?

Last post Apr 10, 2010 12:03 AM by justyouandme20002001 . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Do you refrigerate unused Bisquick mix?

My friend pointed out last evening that it says on the box....."to maintain freshness refrigerate after opening." All the decades I've used Bisquick I never noticed that nor did I ever think to check and see if it needed refrigeration. Oh well, we never died from not doing it so I guess I'll keep on storing it in the pantry. My current box's expiration date is Apr. 30th so it's proberably too late now. I bought some strawberries yesterday and will use some today for making the shortcake. If I never post again, you'll know I should have read the instructions.....earlier lol
    False
  • Re: Do you refrigerate unused Bisquick mix?

I never have and it hasn't killed me yet! LOL! FWIW, I've never noticed any difference between a brand new box and one that's been sitting in my pantry for months.

False

I don't use Bisquick often but when I've had it in the house, I've never refrigerated it and I'm still hangin' around!

Carol

False

Because I do not use it that much, I actually FREEZE it.  No bad effects -- and it does last longer.  Mary Kay

False

Refrigerate Bisquick? Guess I never read that part either and I`m still alive and I have never noticed any difference in box I had in the pantry and a new box. I know when I used to live in NV I kept all things like in the fridge only to keep the bugs out. But if you put a bay leaf in flour or anything like it, it will keep the bugs out.

False

I have always stored my Bisquick in the freezer.

False

Like many of you, I have been using Bisquick for years, and have never put it the fridge or the freezer.  I don't have that much room in either to waste it on something like Bisquick.  I do, however, store it inside a ziploc bag inside its original box, and it always works just fine for me. 

Sometimes I think manufacturers are required to put "warnings" like that on their products to reduce their exposure should something untoward occur with their product and it didn't have that warning.  If it were truly important or necessary it would be in bolder, larger print.  So, don't worry.  Huh?

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

I just opened a new box tonight and have never even noticed that warning. 

I do like Beema does and enclose the box in a ziplock bag...and I "clip" the inside bag once it's opened.

False

I guess I should read the box. Not only have I never done it, it never even crossed my mind. Maybe I'll start putting it in the fridge.

False

The box I have has the suggestion on the top of the box....funny I never noticed it all the times I've used it.

False