Easy ways to dress up a brownie mix! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Easy ways to dress up a brownie mix!

Last post Jun 18, 2010 1:16 PM by buffetfan . 21 replies.

Rate This

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 12
  • Easy ways to dress up a brownie mix!

Below is a link to 2 articles I wrote with recipes that start with a brownie mix. There are recipes for cookies, brownies and even biscotti. They can easily be made on a busy weeknight and something the whole family will love. Hope you enjoy!

Brownies1

Brownies2

False

Visit my blogs:

www.everythingforkids.wordpress.com

www.partiespartiesparties.wordpress.com

Stop signs are NOT a suggestion! 

Talk Like A Pirate Day countdown banner

Dear Math: I am not your therapist...solve your own problems!

• Re: Easy ways to dress up a brownie mix!

I've done several of these ideas and you're right....that are EXCEPTIONALLY good !  Thanks for the reminder !  Many times I'll bake these cookies with the mint chips in them and then fill with mint chocolate chip ice cream for a delightful ice cream sandwich to have stashed in the freezer.....just mess with it once and have a dozen treats ready to go on a moment's notice.  

False

Marilyn

Motorhomegal: I love your mint chip and mint chocolate chip ice cream ideas! YUM! You could roll the ice cream in mint chips on the sides of the sandwich!

False

Visit my blogs:

Great sounding uses for a brownie mix. Thank you.

False

ELLEN, good articles. Thank you.

Nancy Z.

False

I use the Pillsbury brownie mix (9x13 size) - mix as directed on package for fudge-y brownies, add a 12 oz package of chocolate chips (usually semi-sweet but mint are really good too), and about 3/4 c. chopped pecans.  They are so rich that they don't need frosting.  I just dust them with powdered sugar.  I sometimes serve them with ice cream and fudge sauce but they are so good to just eat.  They are also yummy frozen!  I call them "Killer Brownies" and I've been making them this way for over 30 years.

Amy

False

Thanks Ellen!

False

Taste of Home Field Editor. Blogger & Photographer.  http://nutmegdisrupted.com/

Buffefan,

Thank you for this.  Lots of good recipes too! It's only to bad you don't get a guesstimate on the coookies.  Wouldn't that be good for a gift in a jar - put the mix in a jar and put the chips in plastic wrap and attach the directions to it.  People would think your a genius!....

piggykins 

False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"

Piggykins, I made those cookies and it never dawned on me to count them! LOL It's a great idea - the gift in a jar! I may do that for teachers at Christmas. Thanks!

Ellen

False

Visit my blogs:

Ellen,

Next time you make cookies, please count them and pm me the results.  What did you add in to the batter or did you just ake them plain (no add-ins).  What frosting recipe did you use?  Thank you....

piggykins

False

Piggykins,

I put in peanut butter chips and toffee bits. I happen to love toffee but know many don't so I didn't include it in the article. For the brownie recipe I used the frosting at the end of the recipe.

Ellen

False

Visit my blogs:

I love peanut butter - so the chips would e great for me! I don't have the teeth for toffee so I would leave them out.  Did you use the frosting from the brownie oblivion or did I miss a recipe?  Thank you.

So will you please count the cookies and pm how many they make! Thanks again....

piggykins

False

thanks!  these sound wonderful

Kathleen

False

I love brownies.  They can be so simple, or so dressed up.  I've made that Brownie Biscotti before - a family favorite and requested to bring often.  Easy with the brownie mix.  Star posted it a long time ago (2006) and I've been making it ever since at the holidays.  I've also dipped the ends in chocolate.  Fabulous!    Don't know why I wait for the holidays - so thanks for the reminder Smile

I love to add a tsp. to Tbl. of espresso powder when I make brownies.  Really boosts the flavor not matter if I add some extra goodies or not.  

Thanks so much for the link to the recipes.  They sound great.  It's always fun to hear how others dress them up.  We're trying to be as low-carb as we can right now, but I may just have to march into the kitchen and whip up some brownies.  Don't wan't those boxes (or choc. chips, or nuts) to expire.  It would be a shame and so wasteful to throw them out.  Wink  

Copied the peanut butter brownie trifle and brownie oblivion.  Hoping in the near future to give these a whirl.  

Suziee

False

Suziee

Iam so glad to hear your opinion on the biscotti recipe.  My mom loves biscotti! I think I'll put it in a jar and give it to her for a Christmas present - if I can wait that long! Maybe a just because gift jar would be better....

piggykins 

False