Stella Doro has closed their doors and I cannot live without their breakfast
treat cookies. They are in the shape of an S..Does anyone have anything
that comes even close to this recipe. I have many biscotti recipes but
none like the S cookie. Thanks...Floria
Found this via Google, I have not tried it:
"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child
"S" Biscuits (Wine Dunkers)
Biscotte d' vino
1/2 cup oil
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. anise extract
4 Tbsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
4 cups + 1/4 cup flour (sifted)
1 Tbsp. anise seeds
1. Beat eggs, sugar and oil and flavorings for 10 minutes in electric mixer till lemon color; add anise seed and mix.
2. Sift 4 cups flour and baking powder and salt.
3. Fold egg mixture into flour and mix to a solid dough, adding the additional 1/4 cup of flour. (Work in with hands.) Shape dough into a log.
4. Divide log of dough into 5 pieces.
5. Roll each section into a rope about the size of a quarter. Slice into 1 inch pieces.
6. Roll each piece first into a ball, then into a log, pressing down in center slightly.
7. Place on greased baking sheet and shape into an "S".
8. Egg wash (1 egg +1 tsp. water, beaten well) tops and bake in 375 F oven for 10-15 minutes till nicely, lightly browned.
Author Note: In Italy, the Italians dunk these cookies into wine when eating them.
Yield: Approx. 67 cookies
FYI Stella Doro is not closed down. I am not sure who gave you that information. http://www.stelladoro.com/
I am also in search of this recipe, the cookies taste as though they also have almond extract in them, though the description only says it has a vanilla flavor. I have a bag sitting here of the breakfast cookies now. I will try the recipe posted as well but it doesnt sound exactly right.
© RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC 2014