Cream dressing for broccoli salad that Costco sells. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Cream dressing for broccoli salad that Costco sells.

Last post Apr 20, 2012 9:37 PM by royalpita1 . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • Cream dressing for broccoli salad that Costco sells.
    I am looking for the recipe or a brand of dressing that would match the one that is sold in the broccoli salad that Costco sells... it is sweet and sooooo good. The items in the salad are easy to duplicate... broccoli, raisins, almonds... well really need to check it again as I havent had it since early summer... but it is delicious.... Would like to serve it at Holiday and Open house parties in the next few months..... TIA
    False

Denise

• Re: Cream dressing for broccoli salad that Costco sells.

I would never buy a Broccoli Salad dressing with unknown ingredients/additives  after this one:

From my friend Nadine:

When my friend gave me this recipe ...which granted is a little more work than most Broccoli Salads I have made, she told me it was addictive!
    Well only 2/3 of it made it to the table as I had to TASTE TEST several times. LOL
    My brother came over and I caught him swiping some more than once (guess he was taste testing too! ) before dinner.Here it is.

Addictive Broccoli Salad

Custard Dressing
    1 egg lightly beaten
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/4 cup water
    Whisk together stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened (I add the egg last folding it into about a half cup of warm dressing first) so egg doesn't cook .
    Remove from heat, stir in 1 TBSP butter
    Cool slightly then stir in 1/2 cup Mayo (I like Hellmanns lower fat but not fat free Mayo) Chill.

Toss together 4-6 cups fresh broccoli florets, 6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon,1/2 medium Vidalia onion diced. .

****The last items are optional and dependant on taste and or occasion:
    1 can drained Mandarin oranges
    2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
    1/2 cup slivered almonds
    1/2 cup raisins

Fold dressing into salad ingredients. Chill.

Alliea

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

royalpita1
    I am looking for the recipe or a brand of dressing that would match the one that is sold in the broccoli salad that Costco sells... it is sweet and sooooo good. The items in the salad are easy to duplicate... broccoli, raisins, almonds... well really need to check it again as I havent had it since early summer... but it is delicious.... Would like to serve it at Holiday and Open house parties in the next few months..... TIA

I have made Alliea's Broccoli Salad with the Custard Dressing many times.....the dressing makes it outstanding.  I am always approached for the recipe.......one lady said please don't leave until I have that recipe or a way to reach you to get it.  Give it a try, I think you will be thrilled.  Thanks Alliea and thanks to your friend.

Doris

False

DawDawCo

I have made Alliea's Broccoli Salad with the Custard Dressing many times.....the dressing makes it outstanding.  I am always approached for the recipe.......one lady said please don't leave until I have that recipe or a way to reach you to get it.  Give it a try, I think you will be thrilled.  Thanks Alliea and thanks to your friend.

What a Great start to my ,morning Doris. This was the very first post I read today and it was so nice to see. Thank you for telling me you have tried and enjoyed it.

Have a Terrific Sunday.

~A

Photobucket image

False

Denise, I tought I posted my broccoli cauliflower salad but can't find it.  It has basically the same dressing as the pasta broccoli salad but nowhere near as much (as the pasta absorbs a lot of the dressing).  This is a very sweet and creamy dressing.  My family fights over it at gatherings. The other salad has broccoli, cauliflower, mozzarella, raisins or craisins, onion and crumbled bacon.  

Suziee

Pasta Broccoli Salad

2 bundles of broccoli, cut into very small pieces
    1 16 oz. pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 medium red onion, finely chopped (often I omit this)

1 lb. bacon, cubed, fried crisp & drained
    1 large pkg. tri-colored pasta spirals, cooked & drained
    1 green pepper, chopped
    1 red pepper, chopped
    1 yellow pepper, chopped

Dressing:
    1 quart mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip)
    1/2 quart sugar
    4-5 Tbl. cider vinegar
    1 Tbl. Beau Monde (can omit but worth using)
    pepper to taste

Pour dressing over mixed salad. Mix together. Refrigerate. Best if made the day before you plan on serving it.  Add the bacon just before serving so that it remains crisp.

False

I agree with the custard dressing of the Addictive Brocolli Salad. 

False

LSMO1
    I agree with the custard dressing of the Addictive Brocolli Salad. 

How nice to read all these good things about my post.Smile

Thank you LSMO1.

Enjoy your day!

~A

False

False
    If you don't want to make the dressing from scratch, a good one to try is Marzetti's Light Slaw Dressing. I really like it on the broccoli salad.
    False

Addictive Broccoli Salad

Custard Dressing (Hello Alliea, can you tell me what this ingredient is and where you find it.-Do i have to premake it)
    1 egg lightly beaten
    1/2 cup sugar

Thank you sooooo much for sharing.! your the best!

False

A super simple dressing that I make all the time for broccoli and also fruit salad is:

1/2 cup of mayonnaise

1/3 cup Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Flavored yogurt

Mix well. 

False

Old cooking measurements: drop, pinch, dash, dessert-spoonful, salt-spoonful, size of a walnut, size of an egg, teacupful, coffee-cupful, wine-glassful, tumblerful, Handful.

jouissante
    Custard Dressing

Good Morning

Custard dressing is the title of the recipe for the Broccoli salad dressing , rather than an ingredient.

The custard is a little more work- (not much though LOL)  than the standard Mayo , sugar, vinegar mix but brings a different , creamy flavor preferred by (in my experience serving it)  most who try it.

~Alliea

False

Thank you sooo much again Alliea! You truly have a heart of gold!

False

I'll be trying this on my next broccoli salad. 

False

Ladies... thank you so much for reviving this posting..... I am going to add it to my favorites and may be using these recipes quite soon... probably sooner than later since the summer season seems to be here already.... although it doesnt need to be summer to enjoy this.

False

Denise