ISO cinnamon rolls made by puff pastry.... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO cinnamon rolls made by puff pastry....

Last post Nov 12, 2010 6:18 PM by WATTLE . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • ISO cinnamon rolls made by puff pastry....

I am looking for cinnamon rolls made with puff pastry.  Thank you....

piggykins

False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"
  • Re: ISO cinnamon rolls made by puff pastry....

See full size image

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YUEzsRPQRwU/TEsOljLxZhI/AAAAAAAABeI/6M9MFPnKsUE/s1600/IMG_2291.JPG&imgrefurl=http://cherzza.blogspot.com/2010/07/very-simple-cinnamon-roll-using-puff.html&usg=__VHw-UavQNyv-5SHc5A2nj7BIDq8=&h=1600&w=1200&sz=93&hl=en&start=5&zoom=1&itbs=1&tbnid=jkElK2R5hS9LPM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=113&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpuff%2Bpastry%2Bcinnamon%2Broll%2Brecipe%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1

, You can use granulated sugar as a substitute for castor (caster) sugar in a cake. Caster sugar is a quick dissolving sugar. So it will be necessary to grind standard granulated sugar in a food processor before using as a replacement. A blender can also be used.

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Thanks Alliea.  I've never heard of caster sugar.  You said to put regular sugar in a food processor or blender, but wouldn't that turn it into powdered sugar?....

piggykins

False

piggykins
    but wouldn't that turn it into powdered sugar?....

No PK the granules are just finer but they do not become powder. Check out these threads.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/292236

False

Actually just last week I had an extra piece of Puff Pastry and  I made  up some Cinnamon Pinwheels w/o any  recipe using Butter and a Brown Sugar cinnamon mix I just guesstimated.. I di dnot use a muffin tin either.  I just Set them out on a sil pat .Turned out Great.

DH really liked them. Here is a different brown sugar recipe below

Picture of Easy Sticky Buns Recipe

Easy Sticky Buns

2008, Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics, All Rights Reserved

Prep Time: 30 min Inactive Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 30 min Level: Easy Serves: 12 buns

Ingredients

12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room
    temperature
    1/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
    1/2 cup pecans, chopped in very large pieces
    1 package (17.3-ounces/ 2-sheets) frozen puff pastry, defrosted

For the filling:

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
    2/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
    3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1 cup raisins

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place a 12-cup standard
    muffin tin on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the 12
    tablespoons butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Place 1 rounded tablespoon of the mixture in
    each of the 12 muffin cups. Distribute the pecans evenly among the 12 muffin cups on top
    of the butter and sugar mixture.

Lightly flour a wooden board or stone surface. Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry with the
    folds going left to right. Brush the whole sheet with the melted butter. Leaving a 1-inch
    border on the puff pastry, sprinkle each sheet with 1/3 cup of the brown sugar, 1 1/2
    teaspoons of the cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of the raisins. Starting with the end nearest you,
    roll the pastry up snugly like a jelly roll around the filling, finishing the roll with
    the seam side down. Trim the ends of the roll about 1/2-inch and discard. Slice the roll
    in 6 equal pieces, each about 1 1/2 inches wide. Place each piece, spiral side up, in 6 of

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/easy-sticky-buns-recipe/index.html

False

Thanks Allia.  That sure is a neat website.  Think I should say I could spend hours there (if I had the time)....

piggykins

False

Aliea, this sounds almost like the sticky buns we used to make in a bakery in Vermont. Butter, cinnamon and sugar on a sheet of puff pastry. Roll it and cut it into 2 inch pieces. In a muffin pan, plac a few pecans and put a mixture of cinnamon, brown sugar and dark corn syrup. Put the pastry on top and proof for about 45 minutes. Bake and when done, immediately invert pan onto parchment. Let cool and eat.
    False

When the tides of life are against you

And the current upsets your boat

Don't think of things that might have been

Just lay on your back and float

Ed Norton     1954

The Honeymooners

Alliea your recipe sounds yummy - can you give me your guesstimets? How thick did you slice them? What temp and how long did you bake them? Did you drizzle icing over them?

The recipe for Barefoot Contessa sounds good, which gave me the thought for cinnamon rolls as everyone in my family either doesn't have the teeth or they don't like nuts....

piggykins

False

OH my ~  What great looking Cinnamon Rolls !~  Thanks  Alliea, Printed !~  Love her recipes ~  Hi Pk ~  Getting ready for Turkey Time ~  Big Smile  Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Hi Janie! Nice to see you on here.  It's been awhile.  I love most of her recipes but then sometimes it's something else - either I can't afford the ingredients or I just wouldn't make it for my family if it didn't appel to me....

piggykins

False

Going to Print this one ~  It will be perfect for when the kids arrive ~  Thanks again !~  Janie Coffee

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Many thanks Alliea,going to give this one a try,

WattleParadise

False

Wattle Paradise