I need a new crock pot | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

I need a new crock pot

Last post Dec 29, 2010 3:57 PM by sgth_ky . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • I need a new crock pot

I want to purchase a new crock pot. The one I use always burns the food. Even on warm, the liquid continues to bubble. Can anyone recommend one that doesn't get so hot.

Thanks,

Molly Jo

False
  • Re: I need a new crock pot

I bought myself the 6 qt. Nesco Roaster/slow cooker.  Bought it off their web site, got the one with the glass lid, and so far I love it.  Will now use my older crock pot for storage. 

Debbie

False

Thanks Debbie, I'll check it out.

Molly Jo

False

From what I'm hearing these new pots can't hold a candle to the older ones....they get too hot. I have a Rival which is proberably at least 35 yrs old and it still works great. Does not over cook food if it is cooked 8 hrs like the new ones do and I use the slow cooker liners for easy clean up. I hope by the time it quits the manufacturers take heed of all the complaints and adjust the temps lower on the newer ones. Or I croak before it does in which case I won't much care!    lol

False

I bought the KitchenAid crockpot/slow cooker a year or so ago.  I love it!  It's large but I'm always cooking for several people so the size is great for me.  The only problem is storage.  I love the fact that it has several different tempeture settings and I have complete control of the tempeture.  It was more expensive than other brands but in this case I believe the money does make the difference 

False

I totally agree with justyouandme about the older Rival crock pots. Mine is harvest gold from the 70's and I love it. When it goes I'm looking at the thrift shops and yard sales for a new one in fact I should start looking now.
    I bought a brand new pretty one and never took it out of the box so I gave it to my son when he moved out because I can't part with the oldy but goodie.
    Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking? These new ones are all probably mass produced in China and all they do is put in a heating element with no control over how hot it gets? Could be wrong but I can't say I have heard one good thing about the new wave of crock pots except the kitchenaid wombie got, worth looking into.

~Jan~

False

SCSG Jan blue eyed mouse siggy

~~The most important things in life aren't things!~~ 

I have a hamiltom beach with the locking lid and I love it

False