Silver Pound Cake | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Silver Pound Cake

Last post Jan 12, 2011 1:41 PM by TimelyThyme . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Silver Pound Cake

Does anyone know the recipe for Silver Pound Cake?  That was my wedding cake 26 years ago and it was absolutely wonderful.  I would love to make it if anyone can share the recipe.  Thank you for your help.  Paula

False
  • Re: Silver Pound Cake
    Sorry Paula, I looked through all my cook books from the 40's, 50's and up . The only one close was a white cake supreme.
    False

When the tides of life are against you

And the current upsets your boat

Don't think of things that might have been

Just lay on your back and float

Ed Norton     1954

The Honeymooners

Paula, was it a loaf pan cake or a round pan layer cake? There are recipes for a layer cake called silver white cake like this one?

http://www.grouprecipes.com/12027/silver-white-cake.html

False

Here is a recipe Maddymoo posted a few years ago:

Silver Cake

Ingredients:
    CAKE
    2 3/4 cups Softasilk® Cake Flour
    1 2/3 cups sugar
    2/3 cup shortening
    1 1/3 cups milk
    4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    5 egg whites
    FROSTING
    1 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1 cup shortening
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    4 1/4 cups powdered sugar

Preparation Directions:
    1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. In large bowl, beat all cake ingredients except egg whites. On medium speed, beat for 2 minutes. Add egg whites, on high speed, beat 2 minutes. Pour into greased and floured pans.

2. Bake at 350°F. for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire racks. Remove from pans. Cool completely.

3. In large bowl, beat margarine, shortening and vanilla until creamy. Add powdered sugar; beat until smooth.

4. To frost cake, place 1 cake layer, top side down on serving plate. Spread with 1 cup frosting. Top with second layer, top side up. Reserve 1/2 cup frosting for decorating. Frost sides and top of cake with frosting. Pipe reserved frosting in small beads around edge of cake. Sprinkle with edible glitter, if desired.

Yield:
    16 servings

Diana
    False
    Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away! Click for Manchester, United Kingdom Forecast

False