Kraft Miracle Whip...Has Anyone Else Noticed? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Kraft Miracle Whip...Has Anyone Else Noticed?

Last post Jun 05, 2014 8:10 AM by Alliea . 52 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 4 (53 items) 1234
  • Kraft Miracle Whip...Has Anyone Else Noticed?

Has anyone noticed the change in the taste of Kraft Miracle Whip or is it just me?  Its' terrible!  From some forums I've been on it appears they've changed the formula.  The original is no longer original.  I know there are versions of no-fat, low-fat, low-sodium and all the other "lows" but the original full fat is no longer the same.  As a consumer I have the choice whether to purchase the full fat or light or whatever its' called today but  why do they have to change the best thing since sliced bread???  I sent an email to the company telling them about this this afternoon and have yet to hear back.  The "plastic" jar I have is fairly new and I thought it was my taste buds at first.  Maybe the plastic has something to do with it???!!!  Everything is in plastic....whatever happened to glass.  Anyway...enough ranting...I just want to know if I'm the only one whos' noticed this.  Cheers

False
  • Re: Kraft Miracle Whip...Has Anyone Else Noticed?

Bump

False

Can't help you with that one. I don't like Miracle Whip so haven't bought it in many years. Have you tried emailing Kraft and asking if they have changed the recipe? Tell them you think they have and you don't like it.

False

I emailed them a few months ago....Yes, they changed the recipe....they said in 2009, I think.

Made it more healthy....People on here were complaining that when they made macaroni or potato salad, the next day it was really watery.....(since they changed the formula of Miracle Whip)

They will answer you in a couple days.   Interested in their response.

False

We use it all the time and neither I or DH has noticed a difference in taste. I just bought a  jar last week. Maybe our taste buds are not as keen as others.

False

I've noticed it, too, and I don't like it!!  Everything seems to have to be changed......for the worse in most cases and.......why?  Leave a good thing alone!!  Miracle Whip has been around forever and people are just now complaining it makes their potato salad watery?  You can be sure it was to save money on something in the manufacturing, not because people wanted it. 

False

Ceekay...its' too bad as you say that they can't leave a good thing alone.  Whether its' for our health (and I think we have the right to choose whether to eat full fat, low fat, low sugar, low, low, low) or if its' to reduce manufacturing costs it still doesn't make any sense because people won't buy it.  I notice that Heinz Ketchup is different in Canada than in the US as they use different ingredients so maybe its' the same with Miracle Whip.  Guess I'll switch to Hellmann's.  Thanks to all for your replies. 

False

Yes, We have noticed a difference in it too and we don't like it either. It seems to have lost it's creamy spreadability. Something else I have noticed is the PRICE. It is $4.79 a jar on sale here. I have always used it, but I think I will try Hellmann's too.

Louise

False

Ceekay ~ I think zakons meant that the new formulation was making their salads watery ~ just another complaint against the new formula.  I don't think consumers requested the change at all.  Isn't there a law about transfats in foods now, or is that just in some states?  I wonder if it was related to that ~ I think there are going to be a lot of complaints about foods not tasting the same if/when all of that goes into effect.  I agree with GrandmaM ~ let us decide what option we want to consume.

False

Weezerly...I don't remember what I paid for the last jar I bought but I always get the small one as I like to keep it fresh as there is just DH and me and if I make a large batch of potato salad for a family get-together I always buy a larger jar and use most of it at once.  The last batch of potato salad did not taste the same at all.  There was no zing to it...very bland and not creamy.  I have used Hellmann's in other recipes and find it very good.  Will use it in all recipes now...the full fat version (I don't use it that often so may as well get the full flavour) and gain weight too Big Smile

False

*phew*  I am so glad to hear that it's not just me thinking that it tasted funny!  I just bought some and found that it only came in the plastic container now (as recently as last month, it was still available in the glass jars here).  I DO think that some of it has to do with the plastic in the containers though as a couple of years ago I needed a larger container of it and it was only available in the clear plastic container in that size.  I thought that that jar tasted funny as well and up until this week, I've never bought it in the plastic container again.

False

Paulette, I think you're right about the plastic.  I guess its' cheaper to put it in plastic rather than glass but of course the price stays the same or increases!!  I think there are chemicals in plastic that may filter into the product too and that affects the taste.   If I want to eat trans-fats or whatever it was that they took out of Miracle Whip then I have that choice so I will find something that is better and like I said Hellmann's will be it for now. 

False

I always add a little vinegar and a little  less sugar to give things more zip..... Or only add a little vinegar to get more zip....add to taste.

False

Oh no!!  You've planted the seed that it tastes different.  Now, I have to get some and try it.

After moving here, to California, from Michigan I found NO ONE uses Miracle Whip.  They all use mayonaisse.  I don't know how you say you will have to just give up Miracle Whip and go to Hellman's.  That taste is soooo different.  I use Miracle Whip for somethings (tuna, sandwiches) and Hellman's for other things (potato salad, egg salad).  If I have no Miracle Whip in the house when making tuna I have to add some sweet pickle relish in with the Hellman's as I just need that sweet tang to go with it.

Do any of you use them for different things?

Kathy

False

I can't really say that I noticed a taste difference at all. But plastic does alter the taste of most foods where glass does not. For years I've used the light Miracle whip and it has always made things watery faster then the "full bodied" one. When I use the regular MW, I haven't had anything get watery. Hmmm, must just be me. 

False

http://mammascookin.blogspot.com/