OT Jewel T man | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

OT Jewel T man

Last post Jul 22, 2004 7:03 PM by mrschieflww . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • OT Jewel T man
    Does anyone else remember the Jewel T man? i dont know if i am even saying this correctly- my grandmother had a traveling sales man in her small central PA town that would sell everything from dishesand napkins to lemonade mix-
    i wondered if anyone else remebered this or if they still have this in areas?
    False
  • RE: OT Jewel T man
    Yes! I remember the Jewel T man. I think if bought so much then you were eligible for bonus goodies. I have a set of mixing bowls and a sugar bowl of my Mothers. She had a step-stool, but the paint was worn off and you could hardly tell what it was. It was very well used. I have been checking antique shops for the creamer with no luck. My friend does have a beverage pitcher.
    Judy-Utah
    False
    My grandmother had a plastic beverage pitcher it was beige with old looking advertisments on it - i wish i still had that!!!
    False
    Sure do Mandy, I was raised on Jewel Tea products and we ate off the dishes and had most of the other pitchers, bowl,etc.
    Will never forget the grape juice that you mixed with water. It was so good.
    I have many of the 1930's Autumn Leaf displayed in my kitchen. They are on the top of my cabinuts. Since it was made for such a long period of time you really have to know the old peices.
    My aunt when she had to go to rest home offered me her entire set of the Red Poppy but since she and my DM did not get along and DM had the Autumn Leaf, I declinded the offer, like a fool, just to keep harmony in the family.
    Sure do wish they was still in business like the old days. What fun for the salesman to come by.
    I just did a search on Jewel Tea and found it so interesting.

http://www.inter-services.com/HallChina/jthistory.html

There are others I have not checked out yet, but going to next.
    Thanks for bringing up such good memories today.

False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

grandma cook no problem:) nwhen i was little my grandparents moved to pa from NJ where we finnalyy moved to also when i was ni second grade- but for a few years before that we would spend holidays and summers "in the country" with grama and poppop - well that jewel tea man was a highlight of our stay!!!!
    that and the railroad tracks- and lying pennies on them to flatten them:)
    and pickin crab apples for a penny each so my grama didnt have to do it and then we would take our pennies to the town fireman's carnival to spend:)
    False
    I remember people talking about the Jewel T Man but I don't remember seeing him.
    False
    We used to have a Jewel T store here in PA that sold discount groceries, used to go there all the time!
    False
    Yes! My uncle was a Jewel T man. My grandmother and mother had several dinner pieces. My mother always made iced tea in her pitcher. Once, it broke and she really missed that pitcher - I was able to buy her a new replacement (still had them at the time).

Now, those pieces would be worth some bucks - noticed at antique stores a pitcher alone may go for $80. When mother died, believe my DS son took the pitcher to remember her - he also affectionately remembers his grandmother making iced tea in that pitcher.

Brenda
    False
    When I was about six years old, I remember the Jewel Tea man coming to our house. It was such fun to look at all his wares! About 10 years ago, my MIL gave me all her dishes from Jewel Tea. It is the brown/orange autumn leaf pattern. I don't have quite a full set of the dinnerware, but do have teapot, coffepot, tea pitcher and several accessory pieces. She even had the tablecloth to match still. I prize these not so much because they were my MIL's, but because of the memories of the Jewel Tea man when I was a child.

Nancy W
    False