What happened to GUYS potato chips? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What happened to GUYS potato chips?

Last post Sep 30, 2010 9:33 PM by karlos_santana . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • What happened to GUYS potato chips?
    Guys green onion potato chips were the only flavored chip I ever liked; and I've got an old tin Guys potato chip can from my childhood that my brother has always wanted. Lo & behold, I found one at a flea market the other day & wanted to put a bag of GUYS chips in it BUT I CAN'T FIND ANY!!! I can't even find ANY information about the company when I Googled it.

Does anyone have any light they can shed on this?
    False
  • RE: What happened to GUYS potato chips?
    Bump
    False
    Gosh, I haven't seen them around for years. I had even forgotten about them. Can't help you any either.

Debbie
    False
    They went bankrupt. See the post on Kitchen Chat.
    False
    We still get the BBQ and plain but not the green onion. If you would like, I'd be happy to talk to the grocery manager and get some info for you.
    Cathy
    False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields
    bump
    False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields
    Come to think of it, I haven't seen them for awhile myself.
    Deb
    False
    HiOnLife- are you in Olathe? We can't get Guy's here in Ottawa but I'd love to get some and send to my kids back in CO who think they're the greatest chips ever!!! Would like to know where I can get some, please!

kspegg
    False

pegg

I remember their ad "Nuts to you from Guys" from my childhood. I don't believe their products are around anymore,
    False
  • Re: What happened to GUYS potato chips?

Were they the one's that use to deliver to your house in a brown tin with the fitted lid?  We use to have a company in my home town in Bloomington, IL that delivered in a brown tin. 

I found the web site for them if you are still interested in ordering their products.

http://www.guys-snacks.com/chips.htm

False

Hi laparoo, Nice to meet you and welcome to the RecipeBoard ~

The chips you are refering to were called Charles Chips  and my gosh were they good !~   Pretzels  too Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

We have Guys Potato chips here in Ottawa, I looked it up on the 'net and they came out of Overland Park, KS - seemed to have all the varieties but had to order 12 pks - I buy the chips here at Country Mart and I don't know if W sells them as I don't shop there.  We have several varieties - I think the green onion was still there last time I looked but I don't buy many chips anymore.

False

pegg

• Re: RE: What happened to GUYS potato chips?

We have Guy's chips here in west central Missouri. I remember them very well myself but now I find them a bit salty.

Does anyone remember Kitty Clover potato chips?  Oh my goodness the BBQ which were called Ozark BBQ or something like that. The bag was black and goldish with a picture of a Hillbilly. Another company bought them out I think.. I googled them months ago but forgot what the story was...hahaha im losing my memory big time

Karla

False
    Karla