Easy Popcorn Balls.............for kids to make | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Easy Popcorn Balls.............for kids to make

Last post Feb 26, 2011 5:24 PM by piggykins . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Easy Popcorn Balls.............for kids to make
    (8 year old GD made this over the weekend.  It came from a kids book...)

Easy Popcorn Balls

6 cups popped popcorn

3 Tbl. butter

2 cups small marshmallows or 40 large marshmallows

Melt butter in a pan , add the small marshmallows (or large ones).  Measure 6cups of popped popcorn.  Stir/mix together in pan.

When the popcorn is cool to the touch, butter your hands and make pop corn balls the size of tennis balls.

Can add little candies if you want, gummy candies etc., when mixing.  We just had plain ones.

She made 3 batches herself.

Tip:  Measure the popcorn in a measuring cup, one batch she just dumped all the popcorn into the pan...Not a smart move...ended up with allot of unpopped kernels in the popcorn balls.

These are really good, not really sweet.  Better than the ones at Christmas time. Everyone here actually loved them.

Easy Popcorn Balls

6 cups popped popcorn

3 Tbl. butter

Melt butter in a pan , add the small marshmallows (or large ones).  Measure 6cups of popped popcorn.  Stir/mix together in pan.

When popcorn is cool to the touch, butter your hands and make pop corn balls the size of tennis balls.

Can add little candies if you want, gummy candies etc., when mixing.  We just had plain ones.

Tip:  Measure the popcorn in a measuring cup, one batch she just dumped all the popcorn into the pan...Not a smart move...ended up with allot of unpopped kernels in the popcorn balls.

These are really good, not really sweet.  Better than the ones at Christmas time. Everyone here actually loved them.

Easy Popcorn Balls

6 cups popped popcorn

3 Tbl. butter

Melt butter in a pan , add the small marshmallows (or large ones).  Measure 6 cups of popped popcorn.  Stir/mix together in pan.

When popcorn is cool to the touch.

Butter your hands and make popcorn balls the size of tennis balls.

Easy Popcorn Balls

6 cups popped popcorn

3 Tbl. butter

Melt butter in a pan , add the small marshmallows (or large ones).  Measure 6 cups of popped popcorn.  Stir/mix together in pan.

Butter your hands and make pop corn balls the size of tennis balls.

(8 year old GD made this over the weekend.  It came from a kids book.. They were really good !.)

Easy Popcorn Balls

6 cups popped popcorn

3 Tbl. butter

Melt butter in a pan , add the small marshmallows (or large ones).  Measure 6 cups of popped popcorn.  Stir/mix together in pan. When cool enough to touch.

Butter your hands and make pop corn balls the size of tennis balls.

False
  • Re: Easy Popcorn Balls.............for kids to make

The third grade teacher at the school where I taught had her students make these each year.  They flavored  each batch with jello powder, often to match the season:  orange for Halloween, etc.  The kids loved them.  One box  of jello is enough to flavor 24 cups of popcorn!  But for your recipe you could sprinkle in enough "to taste."

Lorraine

False

I'll have to share this with my sons'! Think their kids would enjoy making them. Thanks for posting.

False

I have my grandkids here for the weekend & am planning to have them make them either today or tomorrow.  Thanks so much for posting.  I'm always looking for something for them to make.

Barb

False

I also use jello - the kids just love it! That way you get the color (light) and flavor.  I never measure, but I just use 1 small box jello powder - dry.  Try it you might like it.  Wish I knew if you could do thae same thing with ionstant pudding....

piggykins

False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"