Bag of white sugar hard as a rock?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Bag of white sugar hard as a rock??

Last post Jul 26, 2004 10:01 PM by Pghjan . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Bag of white sugar hard as a rock??
    Because of all the humidity here in Southwestern Pa, my 5# bag of sugar is hard as a rock. Any suggestions other than adding water to it and making syrup?
    False
  • RE: Bag of white sugar hard as a rock??
    Will it break up if you hit it with something? If so, you can just put it in a large container and bash it up a little! Just a thought!
    Take care!
    Jackie
    False
    Have you tried a piece of bread in the sugar container.

This is the cure for had brown sugar. Put a fresh piece of bread in with the sugar and close tightly. It does wonders with brown sugar hope it works for white sugar.

Buttermilk-maid(also from pa and don't you just love all this rain!)
    False
    I know for hard brown sugar you can zap it in the microwave for a few seconds... softens it right up. I'm not sure if this would work for white or not.
    False
    A piece of apple works on a small amount too, sooooo, you might want to slice the whole thing! Far to spendy to let it go to waste. Good luck. :o)
    False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields
    I have had that problem, and I just drop it on the counter top on all sides and this helps to loosen it up.
    False
    hi, I too live in southwestern Pa. and my sugar is hard also. guess I could use some help too. what part of pa are you. I'm in Brownsville
    False
    Another one here with hard sugar in SW PA. I usually wrap the whole sugar bag in 2-3 grocery bags to contain the sugar in case the paper sugar bag tears. Then I drop it hard on the cement floor until it iw broken up. Works every time.

Jan
    False