Fresh / Frozen / Canned Peaches: Are they interchangeable in recipes??? (not a recipe) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Fresh / Frozen / Canned Peaches: Are they interchangeable in recipes??? (not a recipe)

Last post Jul 27, 2004 3:36 PM by skum . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Fresh / Frozen / Canned Peaches: Are they interchangeable in recipes??? (not a recipe)
    I love peaches.

Does anyone know if peaches are interchangable in recipes?

So many recipes ask for one kind, can I use a different one & do I have to add something to the recipe if I do???

I only ever have fresh or canned peaches.

What do you expert do that is T&T?
    False
  • RE: Fresh / Frozen / Canned Peaches: Are they interchangeable in recipes??? (not a recipe)
    I don't know if this holds true for all recipes but I have often substituted canned peaches for fresh in a tart recipe I have and a cobbler recipe that calls for fresh peaches has successfully been made with frozen.
    False
    Click for Cape Coral, Florida Forecast
  • RE: Fresh / Frozen / Canned Peaches: Are they interchangeable in recipes??? (not a recipe)
    I use fresh and frozen interchangably. It would depend on the recipe whether or not you could exchange canned as they have so much more moisture. Cobblers and pies, probably okay. Cake, probably not.
    False
    If you substitute fresh peaches for canned or frozen where sugar has been added, you might want to adjust the sugar in the recipe. Fresh might called for slightly more sugar - using canned or frozen called for in the recipe.
    Tria
    False
    Tria
    Thank you!

Found this in an old QC, when I wasn't even looking.

"You can always substitute frozen peaches (thawed & drained) or well-drained canned peaches in equal amounts for fresh peaches."

"One pound of frozen or canned peaches is equal to approximately three medium peaches. Three medium peaches will produce about 3 cups sliced or 2 1/4 cups chopped peaches."

Hope this helps someone else as I know it will me:)
    False