Can anyone help me find the Orange Creamsicle Cake Recipe? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can anyone help me find the Orange Creamsicle Cake Recipe?

Last post Nov 16, 2012 4:15 PM by RABBITEER . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Can anyone help me find the Orange Creamsicle Cake Recipe?

Good Morning, does anyone have the recipe for this orange creamsicle cake?  I had gotten it from here maybe 6 years ago, everyone loved it and now I cant find the recipe. I am not even sure if they make orange cake mix anymore. I did do a search but nothing came up. I did make the recipe Lemon Pillow cake from here yesterday, really easy and refreshing but I would love to make this one for next week, thanks so much, Kathi

False
  • Re: Can anyone help me find the Orange Creamsicle Cake Recipe?

Hi Kathi;

Try this link and see if this is the one you're looking for?

Carol

community.tasteofhome.com/.../6155633.aspx

False

by gratefulservant_AZ

I have seen this posted by both September_Morn and Cubbybear. At any rate, it is delicious. I can't get orange cake mix here so I used lemon and a pack of orange Koolaid.

This is delicious!

Orange Creamsicle Cake

1 Duncan Hine's orange cake mix
    2 small boxes orange jello
    1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
    1 small instant vanilla pudding mix
    1 c. milk
    1 tsp. vanilla
    8 oz. cool whip, thawed

Bake cake as directed in 9x13 pan. When done, use meat fork and poke holes. Let cool. Mix 1 box of the jello with 1 c. hot water and 1 c. cold water. Pour over cake. Refrigerate 2-3 hours.

For Frosting:
    Beat cream cheese until creamy. Add remaining box of jello (dry), instant pudding mix, milk and vanilla. Beat well. Fold in cool whip. Spread on cake. Keep refrigerated.

False

I did think it was originally posted by CubbyBear years ago, but I do remember there was orange juice in it and this one doesent have orange juice in it. If no one comes up with the right one I will try this so thank you. Kathi

False

Subject: ORANGE DREAMSICLE CAKE
    Posted by: Cubbybear
    Replies: 30 Posted on: 3/19/2002 3:44:35 PM
    #T37060

PART 1
    1 BOX DUNCAN HINES ORANGE SUPREME CAKE MIX
    1 BOX 3OZ ORANGE JELLO

MIX AND SIFT THESE

PART 2
    1/3 CUP COOKING OIL OR SOFT MARGARINE
    2 EGGS
    1-1/2 CUP WATER(OR ORANGE JUICE)I USE THE JUICE

PUT PART 2 ON TOP OF PART 1

MIX WELL WITH MIXER.
    GREASE AND FLOURER CAKE PANS
    BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 20 TO 30 MINUTES OR UNTIL IT COMES LOOSE FROM SIDES.COOL

ICING:
    1 8OZ SOUR CREAM
    1/4 TO1/2 CUP ORANGE JUICE
    1CUP SUGAR
    1 8OZ COOL WHIP
    1 9OZ FROZEN COCONUT

MIX ALL WELL WITH MIXER.AND ICING COOL CAKE.STORE IN REFRIGERATE

NOTE:  Yes you can make this in a 9x13.The last couple of time's i have made it that's the size pan I used.I baked my at 350º for about 30 minutes then I checked it and added 5 more minutes until it was done.Also on the icing the last time i made it I just added 2 tablespoons of orange and it wasn't runny at all.Hope this help's you.

TIP: The last time I made the Icing I only used 2 Tablespoons of OJ and it was not runny and when on the cake better.

Cubbybear

False

I have a orange juice cake recipe I put on here years ago everyone loves it and it is easy to make.

Orange juice cake

1 yellow cake mix

3 eggs

3/4 cup orang juice

3/4 cup weaaon oil

mix and put in tube pan bake as mix says when done let set 5 to 10 minutes while you mix

1 cup orang juice

1/4 sugar and 1 cup powdered sugar

poke holes in cake  and ice with the juice

what I do is spoon the iceing  and let it soke in then put more on it to soke in

I hope you try this as it is very good.

False

Yes Peppercorns, this is the one and thank you. It is a delicious cake, so different and refreshing. I do not use the coconut in the frosting though. If you havent made this its a great one to try especially for a summer party. Evreyone raves over it, and wants the recipe and there won't be any leftovers.  I use the orange juice in the cake and its really orangey. Thank you again. Kathi

False

Ihave just purchased some Fiori di Sicilia flavoring from KA Flour and tried it in a cheesecake recipe. It is TO-DIE-FOR.  It was also suggested to use it in a cake mix ( I'd use white) substuting orange juice for the water in the mix. I havn't tried it yet in a cake, but i'm going to as soon as I can get time. This is what KA says about it and it's true, a little goes a looooong way! BTW the cheesecake I tried it in was delicious ! Stick out tongue

Here at The Baker's Catalogue, we have to restrain ourselves from using Fiori di Sicilia in EVERYTHING! We think it's second only to vanilla, as far as flavorful multi-tasking goes.

• A Baker’s Catalogue exclusive!
    • An all-natural combination of citrus and vanilla with a pleasingly floral aroma.
    • Use about 1/2 teaspoon in a typical recipe for cookies, pound cake, pie, meringues, sweet bread, etc.
    • Italians use Fiori di Sicilia ("flowers of Sicily") to scent their panettone and pandoro.
    • For best freshness, refrigerate after opening. And caution, don't spill it on the counter, please – it stains.
    • 1 oz. bottle.

Ah, Fiori... where should you start? Try our recipe for Creamy vanilla-orange cheesecake.

TEST KITCHEN TIP: You know that wonderful marriage of flavors you taste when you combine vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet in the same bowl? That’s what Fiori di Sicilia tastes like. We find that using it in just about anything mild and sweet–anything where competing flavors, like chocolate, don’t interfere–adds a wonderfully mysterious taste. Your friends will be guessing just what you’ve done to your sugar cookies or yellow cake or sweet bread to make them taste SO good!

False

THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots scrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to suport its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect it's flag, and to defend it against all enemies. Proud member of The Daughters of The American Revolution

The recipe from Cubbybear.  Icing:  Is that 1 cup of granulated sugar or powdered sugar?  If granulated, is the icing grainy?

False

Hi Sharbee. The icing uses granulated sugar. Once you have all the ingredients combined, it is not grainy.  You might be able to find DH Orange cake mix at your local Walmart. My local Kroger store ( Ohio ) used to have  it but discontinued carrying it. Now I get it at Walmart cheaper. This is a very good recipe. Enjoy!  Yes   Big Smile

False