October PCH Room come and join us during this harvest season!!! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

October PCH Room come and join us during this harvest season!!!

Last post Nov 01, 2011 2:36 PM by 1002 . 54 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 4 (55 items) 1234
  • October PCH Room come and join us during this harvest season!!!

WELCOME TO THE PCH KITCHEN

Good morning, so good to see you. We hope you'll find the warmth and the friendship here that we have been privileged to enjoy. We have a common bond. We are physically challenged homemakers.

We share affection for one another through compassion, honesty, and most importantly, respect for one another and one another's situations.

We gather here to share information on ways to make our lives easier, to offer support to each other and to share humor and laughter, sometimes tears and always good food.

There is always room in the kitchen for all who would like to join in...So help yourself to a cup of coffee, cocoa, tea or fruit juice. There are always fresh fruit , muffins, coffee cake and cookies....pull up a chair at the old country table and visit awhile.....and remember to tell a friend.

For our old friends that have not been by for awhile, we hope you will drop in and let us know how you are doing.

False
  • Re: October PCH Room come and join us during this harvest season!!!

Hi Girls,  Just wanted to throw open a door for October.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Hugs, Ann :)

False

Good morning Ann and all others who drop in today, so nice to see cooler temps in our area this morning, I have thrown my home doors open as well today, letting some fresh air in, no paper mill smells today either, so far, knock on wood! Hope everyone has a great day, we have started ours off with fried eggs, homemade scratch buttermilk biscuits and homemade hash browns, me with iced tea, Kerry with coffee and he had spun honey on his biscuits for a change. Doing some laundry and Kerry is heading out to the shop to work on a couple Christmas gifts for the girls, making wooden holder that hold the curling irons and blow dryers to keep them off the counters, we love ours. I will be making butter pecan cake with the favorite icing, not so sweet, making potato salad and old settlers bake beans, or precooking meat and bacon to throw it together in the morning. What is everyone else doing this weekend? Ann are you and Jim heading out deer hunting any of the days? I made a couple make a mix recipes yesterday I will post later, the spaghetti sauce simmers for 8 hours and the meat ball mix I made, I doubled and made about 350 small meat balls to freeze and use later. Will come in handy for several things. I guess I had been in a cooking mood or wanting to save some time so I can do some sewing and not have to cook so often, hehe. Liz how is the eye this morning? Mine has been irritated again, going to gets some gooey stuff instead of just the drops to go in my eye today, hate the feel of it, but it stays in a bit longer it seems. Deery I bet you all are having cooler weather up there, since you are normally cooler than we are for sure, wish ours would stay around longer *grin* See you later ladies, gotta find a recipe, laterssssss

False

Good day Ann , Connie and to all that drop by today. Thanks Ann for slinging open the kitchen door this morning. You must be a night owl or could not sleep last night LOL Not sure what time period they use on here now...what fun your little kitten must be having with that 4 level scratching post. Bet he is fun just to watch. :>)

Connie it sounds like you are having a cooking streak going lately...just everything sounds soooo good. I am on cook when I have too mode right now. The old hips and legs are just not playing nice right now so trying mostly for quick fixes.

Liz do hope that your eye is doing good and you can see better out of that eye. Have you noticed a really big difference?

Deery are you still enjoying the warm days and cool nights there? We thought that our hot days was about over and wouldn't you know we hit 101º again. *sigh*

When the storm come through and I had to hush and shut down the putter it cooled us off nicely that day for a while. Wish it would have stayed but not the wind. It took out one of the big boat docks and a fleet of rental boats. Some got some rain but not a drop here. Must not be living right, ya think. LOL

Waving to Lin, Marie, Dee, Lisa, Helen, Ruth, Jenni, TC, Penny, GrannyBarbie and to any other of our missing PCH ladies. We are missing you all...would sure be nice to hear a howdy from you and let us know what you have been up to.

Heading on in to check out the freezer for something easy and fast. *grin*

Wishing all a safe and fun filled weekend.

hugs, nancy

False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Wow Nancy, you left the Kitchen right at the top of list for me to click. Ann, thanks for opening the Kitchen for October. Clouds expected here for a week. May get rain this afternoon. I ordered some flannel sheets from Penney's.

Connie, see you are busy with cooking. Hope your eyes feel better for tomorrow.

Nancy, hope your tempertures are comfortable today. That wind sounded bad taking out a boat dock. Hope you can get some recliner time to rest your legs and hips.

Ann, hope you and have a comfortable day. Stay warm.

Liz, hope you and Duane have a good day. Are you expecting rain?

Waving to rest of Kitchen Gals. Enjoy the weekend as best you can.

Hugs, Deery

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

This gal is about to go to bed, shot taken now or a pill, I am ready. Busy day today baking a three layer butter pecan cake and double batch of that icing that is not so sweet, doing some laundry and throne duty again, that gets old, but the heat got to me after it warmed up and I have just been tired. So for supper this evening, I used some of the make ahead spaghetti sauce I made for the freezer, cooked some angel hair pasta and we had that, easy to have on hand. Then Kerry had him a slice of cake, had enough batter for him a 8 inch cake pan and the icing too, he was happy. You posted all those that used to be here Nancy, and got me to thinking about Helen, I have tried calling her at different times and only gotten her voice mail, but never gotten any reply from her, makes me wonder how she is, I know she had had several health issues she was dealing with. *sigh* I sure miss cupcake. Well I am heading to bed, just tired, tired, night everyone, sorry short

False

Happy Birthday Ann

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday God Bless You

Happy Birthday To You

Wishing You a Very Enjoyable Day.

Hugs, Deery

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Connie, hope you will be okay. Those dang bathroom calls can take a lot out of you. No pun intended.  Imodium has helped me if I had to be somewhere. That was so nice of you to have a cake for Kerry ahead of time. DH used to complain if I took something he liked to church potluck.

Wishing all a very good day.

Hugs, Deery

False

False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Happy Birthday Ann,

Intended to add that to siggy but it must have been too large. Drinks

Wishing you a day of happiness on your "SpecialDay"

Nancy

False

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.  Had a nice birthday at home, wasn't feeling to well so stayed home.  Some of my friends came by and brought a cake and some gifts, was so thoughtful of them all. 

Jim bought me a new laptop, a 17 inch one and new lap desk as well!  My laptop is purple girls, :)  always wanted a purple one.   Can't waite until it gets here.  I am a very lucky girl for sure.

Was raining out today so we went hunting this morning.  Saw 14 does and one spike but no bucks so going to have a go at it tonight again.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Connie, I am sorry about the throne business, that isn't fun.

Deery, thank you so much for the birthday card, it was so cute!!!  Hope things are well with you.  Is it wet up there as well? 

Nancy, hope things are well with you also.

I was thinking the same thing Connie about all the people who have come and gone.  Sad, hope they are all o.k. 

Well better scoot, gonna have to wake Jim up from his nap.  Have a good one.  Hugs, Ann :)

False

Nancy, loved your siggy, so cute. :)

False

Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday Ann. Hope it was a good one and you didn't have to cook! I keep forgetting to check my birthday list of all those on here. Used to look at it quite often but the brain must be on vacation lately.

Have to take Duane to the eye dr. tomorrow for his exam. He hasn't had one in years so past time. He only needs reading glasses which he buys at the dollar store. The dr. said that was o.k. He sees better at distances than I do with glasses....or now with the cataract removed. That eye is so much clearer now and colors, especially whites, so bright. I have another checkup on Fri. and am going to ask him if he can do the other one soon. I believe I had asked him once if it has to be at a certain stage before they can remove the lens as that is what I've always heard and he said...I think...no, it is at the discresion of the patient so will confirm that on Fri. I would like both eyes to be the same as then the glasses issue is easier. Driving without my glasses even at night. Whoopee.

Revival services at church and they provide dinner. Tonight is tacos and tomorrow turkey so no cooking.

Off for the local news. I'm sure they will be featuring Amanada Knox's release from jail in Italy as she is a Seattle girl.

Chow for now

False

Hi Gals, yes we have rain here. And for the next 4 or 5 days. I am inside so don't mind. I had DD get me a imatation down blanket when she got grocerys. Hope it will press down and keep the cold air pockets out of my bed.

Ann, so glad you had a nice birthday. Didn't know they made  laptops in color? lol Hope you and Jim can get a buck this season.

Liz, good you won't have to cook for a couple of nights.

Nancy, hope your temperatures are better.

Connie hope you could go to the house raising and are okay.

I had a good meal tonight. Frozen sweet potato fries, talepia and spinach. DD bought me a delicata squash. tag said it was grown in Portland. It is like acorn but sweeter and cream color with green stripe and thinner skin. Classmate told me about it. I will have it sometime this week.

Wishing all a good week.

Hugs, Deery

False

Ewww Anne, purple!! I loveeee purple too, my favorite color also, what a sweetie you have to get you such a nice present. Deery yes I made it to the house to see them working, and the food went over very very well, and Kerry took the rest of the work to work yesterday, and it was every bit eaten. I was going to leave the cake for Ms Liz but she and Cathy could not possibly eat it all, so left part there, it was a three 9 inch round layer cake and turned out very good. Let us know how you like your squash Deery, I don't think I have ever tried one of those. Tonight we had Angel biscuits, those that are made with a bit of sugar and yeast it them, they were good. Made home fries with onions, fried bacon and eggs as well, it hit the spot for sure. I posted today on FB as Deery and Anne replied to, thank you, kerry made the spring/summer deans list in Michigan, I am so proud of him. He said he is still a old man learning, hehe. He is heading back to Michigan again this next Monday and will be back on the 21st, then we are planning a hot dog chili supper on the 23rd, so anyone want to come join us, come ahead! Today has been such a fun day, NOT, a day of ironing shirts and jeans, all day long, had to take a few breaks. Hey Anne good luck on getting a deer this year, bet you are hoping for some to go in your freezer for winter. Send us some of your rain ladies, we are so needing it again, always, always. Well gonna sit back and watch Dancing with the Stars. Have a good night everyone!

False