ISO crock pot fake rotesserie chicken | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO crock pot fake rotesserie chicken

Last post Oct 19, 2011 9:19 AM by dutchmom4MI . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • ISO crock pot fake rotesserie chicken

I know this recipe was posted some time ago. I thought I had saved it, but can't seem to find it. I just purchased a 6 1/2 lb roaster and wanted to cook it tomorrow in my crock pot. If anyone has this recipe I would really appreciate you posting it. Thanks Gail

False
  • Re: ISO crock pot fake rotesserie chicken

Here's one go around of it...

http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/t/229.aspx

I think it also has been referred to as Sticky chicken if you want to find that ...

Hope this helps!

Margaret

False

Posted by: password
    Posted on: 8/22/2002 8:02:54 AM
    #R551896

FAKE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN

I tried a new recipe with chicken in the crockpot yesterday and it was yummy! here it is: wad up enough balls of foil to cover the bottom of the crockpot...take a whole chicken and rub lawrys seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika all over the chicken. set the chicken on top of the foil balls and cook on high 5-6 hours. how easy is that?

False

RE: Another raving review for Fake Rotisserie Chicken
    Posted by: nataliepooh
    Posted on: 5/20/2004 5:36:39 PM
    #R3688726

Crock-Pot (Fake) Rotisserie Chicken
    Warning: Don't buy a chicken larger than your slow cooker!

Foil
    1 whole chicken, about 4-4 3/4 pounds (not frozen)
    Herb or spice rubs (suggestion: Lawry's Seasoned Salt, garlic powder, paprika)

Wad up several sheets of foil to make foil balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place foil balls in slow cooker to cover bottom. This will keep chicken from boiling in the juices. (Alternatively, use a rack if you have one that fits into the bottom of your pot.) Remove package of organs from chicken cavity and discard. Rinse chicken inside and out, and pat dry with a paper towel. Rub or sprinkle your choice of herbs or spices all over the skin – use lots. Place chicken into slow cooker, on top of foil balls, and cook, covered, for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. There is no need to open the lid to check on it during cooking.

Remove from slow cooker and place on board to cut apart. (The skin will not be crisp; it will be soft.)

Serves 4.

Variations: Rub whatever spices and seasonings you prefer on the bird. They're all good. Consider: Cajun; poultry seasoning; lemon juice, garlic and rosemary; hickory smoked salt; adobo; Italian seasoning; curry powder or East Indian spices. Whatever you like!

Starting with a frozen bird: You may start with a frozen bird, but make sure you remove the organs from inside the chicken before you freeze it. And note that a frozen bird will not be as malleable as an unfrozen bird, so size is even more critical when it comes to fitting in the Crock-Pot. Prepare and cook bird as noted, for 10 hours on low.

False

DELI ROASTED CHICKEN posted by Karolin 
    Cooked in 6 Quart Crockpot

1 chicken about 5 lbs.
    spray olive oil
    Lawry's seasoned salt -no substitutes
    Aluminum foil

Clean chicken inside and out. Spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with Lawry's. Spray inside of crock with pam.

Roll some wads of aluminum foil into balls and put them in the bottom of the crock. The chicken is going to sit on these.

Add a little chopped up onion & garlic and just stick it inside the chicken.

Put chicken back side down in crock on top of aluminum balls. DO NOT ADD WATER!

Cook on low for about 10 hours and it will come out fine - skin actually turns BROWN

False

For years I have wanted to try to re-create a rotisserie chicken and potatoes I once had at a roadside diner. They had skewered quarters of potatoes on every other rung with the chickens and the fat dripped onto them as the chickens roasted. They were the most delicious potatoes I had ever eaten. I'm going to try one of these recipes and put the potatoes under the chicken on top of the foil balls to cook and see if they come out as I want them to. I ight have to brown them later under the salamander to make them crispy but if the flavor of the chicken permeates them they should be delicious. Stick out tongue Thanks for asking the question and for posting the recipes.

False

THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots scrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to suport its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect it's flag, and to defend it against all enemies. Proud member of The Daughters of The American Revolution

Instead of using the foil balls, I lay some canning rings on the bottom of the slow cooker and put the chicken on top of them...works great.

carole

False

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    -Will Rogers

Thank you girls so...................much for getting back to me so quickly. My roaster will go into the crock pot tomorrow, and I will let you know the results. Thanks again Gail

False

c3clark

Instead of using the foil balls, I lay some canning rings on the bottom of the slow cooker and put the chicken on top of them...works great.

carole

Carole:  what a great idea!  I sure wasn't wanting to waste all of that foil.  That stuff is expensive!  Going to give this a try.

False

Stacey--I'm like you---I didn't want to waste the foil, either.  It doesn't happen too often, but every now and then I do get a good idea!  Big Smile  It really did work well.

carole

False

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    -Will Rogers

I often use a metal vegetable steamer with the stem removed instead of aluminum foil.

~~Vicki

False