Help...Who makes frozen cranberry-orange SAUCE | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Help...Who makes frozen cranberry-orange SAUCE

Last post Nov 13, 2011 2:15 AM by zakons . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Help...Who makes frozen cranberry-orange SAUCE
    • I have a recipe for  a cranberry dish.....Who makes the frozen cranberry-orange sauce?  It calls for 2 pkgs.
    • It sounds good, and would like to make the recipe...Any ideas?   Thanks
    • 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cranberry-orange sauce
    False
  • Re: Help...Who makes frozen cranberry-orange SAUCE

I believe it was called Indian Trail Cranberry Orange Sauce, and the company is out of business.   More information in the next post.

~~Vicki

False

from  http://www.coracooks.com/2010/11/indian-trail-cranberry-orange-sauce.html

November 2, 2010

Indian Trail Cranberry Orange Sauce - Update 2010

Every year about this time I get hundreds of visits from readers frantically searching for Indian Trail Cranberry Orange Sauce. In fact, it is the number one searched recipe on this blog -- all year long!

So this is my annual update for all those who seek that little tub of sweet-tart-citrus deliciousness to use during the holidays. Indian Trail is no more -- sad, but true. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I do have a simple solution to the problem.

I won't go into details again about my lifelong love affair with the stuff. You can read it here. But I am happy to report there is life after Indian Trail, and if you read all the comments to the linked post, you will see that you are in good company if you are searching for the real stuff or a recipe to make it yourself. The most recent comment is from Peg, who still has a tub or two in her freezer and thoughtfully provided the original jello mold recipe from the carton too -- just in case you didn't ever bother to write it down!

The jello mold still appears every year on our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner table. I have been eating it for as long as I can remember and have been known to make it when it was just two of us for Thanksgiving dinner. That's how much it is a part of my Thanksgiving tradition and very sweet memories of falling in love with it at my grandmothers table.

My grandmother is gone, but my mother and I always make sure it is a part of our family Thanksgiving dinner to this day. Apparently we are not alone in our sentimental attachment to Indian Trail Cranberry Orange Sauce and the jello mold made from the box.

Here is the recipe I use for my own cranberry orange sauce, with a link to the post and comment with the jello mold recipe from the Indian Trail box.

Cora's Recipe for (Almost Indian Trail) Cranberry Orange Sauce
    1 bag of fresh cranberries (frozen fresh whole berries are OK too)
    1 whole orange including peel/rind, seeds removed (I quarter the whole orange, remove the seeds and stem end and add the orange quarters to the food processor with the cranberries and sugar - feel free to separate the white pith from the orange peel, if you wish)
    1 cup of sugar

Chop all ingredients in a food processor or a food grinder and stir to mix. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use. (Be sure to let it drain a while to remove the excess liquid before mixing it with Jello, if you are making the Cranberry Orange Holiday Jello Salad recipe from the Indian Trail box.)

Indian Trail Cranberry Orange Jello Mold
    (Recipe from the back of the ITCO box)

2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) Cherry* Flavor Gelatin
    2-1/2 cups boiling water
    1 cup crushed pineapple (juice and all)
    1 pkg. (10 oz.) Frozen Indian Trail Cranberry
    Orange Sauce - thawed

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir into it Indian Trail Cranberry Orange Sauce and crushed pineapple. Pour into mold. Refrigerate until time to remove from mold and serve.

* Substitute Raspberry or Strawberry flavor jello for one or both boxes of jello in the recipe.

False

Yes

False

For zakons ~

False

Thanks everyone  !!!!

False