Dorothy R's Peanut Butter Fudge | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Dorothy R's Peanut Butter Fudge

Last post Nov 24, 2013 9:22 PM by zakons . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Dorothy R's Peanut Butter Fudge

I can't begin this season without thinking of this wonderful recipe that I have been using for years in my gift bags that I give.  It is hands down the best candy recipe that I have gotten from this board..people always rave..and of course I have to give Dorothy all the credit.

Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge

4 C. sugar

1 C. brown sugar

1/2 C. butter

1 - 12 oz. can evaporated milk

1 - 7 oz. jar marshmallow creme

16 oz. peanut butter

1 tsp. vanilla

Grease a 9x13 pan. 

In medium pan over medium heat combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and milk.

Bring to a boil.  Stir constantly.  Boil for 7 minutes.

Remove from heat, stir in marshmallow creme then peanut butter and vanilla.

Spread into prepared pan.  Let cool and cut into squares.

False
  • Re: Dorothy R's Peanut Butter Fudge

Thanks  Beach Bum, I have heard this before but have never tried it.  It sounds wonderful and I am sure makes great gifts *  Janie

Thanks Dorothy  ~  Big Smile

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Thanks Beach_Bum for posting the fudge recipe.  I have been looking for another fudge recipe to make and send out to my brother besides my usual chocolate. I normally  just make cookies to send him, but this year, to change things up, I'm going to do homemade candies.  I'm sure the fudge will be a nice addition.

Lori 

False

Thanks BEACH_BUM for this recipe. My DH loves peanut butter fudge. After we do our travelling, I will have to make this one for him. latinrose

False
    There is a destiny that makes us brothers, No one goes their way alone, All that we bring into the lives of others, Comes back into our own. "Guiding Light" latinrose

This is the BEST PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE.....we LOVE it..

So soft and creamy and makes a bunch....We usually end up making 2 batches, to hand out...

This is a keeper for sure and always on our Christmas Eve buffet table....

I use a pizza cutter to cut the pieces....

False

Daryl, what a great review...I am not much of a fudge maker but I may give this a try.

BTW, Christmas goodies at our house always include your cheese/broccoli dip...even the little ones dearly love it!

Linda

False

thank you for the R & R.  Dorothy has the best recipes!  Going to add to my favorites so I can make this. Big Smile

False

Here is another review with some extra notes/tips...

Subject: Rec & Rev: Dorothy R's Peanut Butter Fudge....FABULOUS!

Posted by: casslepier
    I tried this recipe for peanut butter fudge last night. SUPER easy and quick! I tried some this morning after it had set overnight and wow is it good! Not a super sweet and not overwhelming peanut butter taste! Just right! Thanks so much, I can't wait to put this on my goodie trays!
    Kim

Subject: Rec: DorothyR's Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge (attention LindaChicken!)
    Posted by: DorothyR_in_Malibu

This makes enough for the neighbors, the bus driver, the coach, the classroom teachers and even the grand parents. It's so good it's scary good -- that is our highest compliment!

Dorothy R’s Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge

4 cups granulated sugar
    1 cup light brown sugar
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
    1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
    1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème
    1 (16- to 18-ounce) jar peanut butter
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Grease a 9- by 13-inch baking dish with the wrapper from the stick of butter.

In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, and once it reaches a boil, boil for exactly 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
    Remove from heat; stir in marshmallow creme until well incorporated and melted; this will take a minute or two. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and smooth top.
    Let cool on countertop for several hours or better yet, overnight.

Cut into small pieces  with a pizza cutter...(8 long rows by 16 short rows).

Store in tightly covered plastic container or an airtight tin.
    Makes 128 pieces.

Ingredient notes: Use regular peanut butter in this recipe, not the old-fashioned or “natural” style. If you use unsalted butter, add a sprinkling of salt, too.

False

Linda, its always nice to know someone is enjoying my recipes.  You made my day!!

False
    Bump for the best peanut butter fudge. Makes allot. The best.. A must every Christmas
    False

This truly is wonderful peanut butter fudge.  It makes so much I always share it with my neighbors.  I even have had a 14 year old boy stop me in the street to ask for the recipe!

Jean

False
    This is the best fudge...
    False