PCH Kitchen Its beginning to sound a lot like Christmas. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

PCH Kitchen Its beginning to sound a lot like Christmas.

Last post Jan 02, 2012 11:12 AM by Tomcatlover . 117 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 8 (118 items) 12345Last >
  • PCH Kitchen Its beginning to sound a lot like Christmas.

WELCOME TO THE PCH KITCHEN

Good morning, so good to see you. We hope you'll find the warmth and the friendship here that we have been privileged to enjoy. We have a common bond. We are Physically Challenged Homemakers.

We share affection for one another through compassion, honesty, and most importantly, respect for one another and one another's situations.

We gather here to share information on ways to make our lives easier, to offer support to each other and to share humor and laughter, sometimes tears and always good food.

There is always room in the kitchen for all who would like to join in...So help yourself to a cup of coffee, cocoa, tea or fruit juice. There are always fresh fruit , muffins, coffee cake and cookies....pull up a chair at the old country table and visit awhile.....and remember to tell a friend.

For our old friends that have not been by for awhile, we hope you will drop in and let us know how you are doing.

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

• Re: PCH Kitchen Its beginning to sound a lot like Christmas.

Hi Gals, the December Kitchen is OPEN. Hope you all have time to visit this month.

Connie, thanks for the telephone call. First time I said wrong number. Not always alert. Don't have anyone asking for Deery on the phone. 'smile'  Connie, thanks so much for the call. You have all probably been alerted that Dee has been hospitalized because of kidney infection. Lifting prayers up for her. Pray she can stay strong enough to fight the good fight. Pray Doctors can find right meds to help her. Amen.

A dry week here but not much sunshine so far.

Waving to you all. Remember in this busy month to take those needed rest breaks.

Hugs, Deery

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Hi Deery,

Glad to see someone opened the kitchen door for  December. :)  Glad you are having some dry weather, we are as well.  No rain for a few days. 

Connie, sorry I missed your call, had to go out of town today for the dentist.  I am sorry to hear that Dee is in the hospital, that is scary having a bad kidney infection.  I hope they do all they can to help her and she can recover soon.  So sad that she has to deal with this as well.  Uuugggh.  Sending positive thoughts and lots of prayers to her and Dave both. 

How are you doing lady?  Keeping busy I am sure.

Been a busy week here and getting ready for the book fair and selling a bunch of jellys and jams and goodies.  Had to go out of town today to the dentist.  Hope everyone is doing well, will check in when things slow down.  Hugs, Ann

False

Hi Ann, so good to have you stop by. I saw you were having the winter book fair. Guess I have to wait for spring to go to used book sale. Hope you do good.

The community Christmas concert will be next week. They couldn't get the hall on a saturday so it will be in evening this year. DGD will dance. And she will also dance at the School Santa breakfast.

Continued Prayer for Dee.

Hugs, Deery

False

Good morning, hope it is a better day for everyone, gosh yesterday Dee going into the hospital, Ann to the dentist, ugh, a phobia that both Nancy and I have, found out Dee as well. *grin* Like anyone loves going to the dentist and I go back Monday to have a filling redone. Ladies I had called Nancy yesterday and no answer, well she called me back yesterday evening, poor Nancy has her hands, nope, plate full as well, so please add her family to our prayer list. Seems her sweet Bill is in the hospital too, day before yesterday in ICU, not sure how long he will be there, then his daughter had hand surgery yesterday and Nancys daughter to have elbow surgery next week I think she said. Nancy sure sounded tired and we know she deals with everyday health issues as well, prayers going out for all our ladies and families who are so in need of extra ones. *hugs all around* Deery I hope you get to go to the Christmas festivities this year and see your DGD dance, will they have any kind of links that we may possibly get to see latest picture of her? Oh boy Ann you have been one busy woman haven't you, I know you enjoy the book fair though, and the good it does. And the holidays on top of it all at that. Liz where are you at? Hope just busy and that Duane is still doing better. I finished making Jennifer a necklace for Christmas and it turned out really beautiful, at least Kerry thinks so and Clea sure purrs when she sees it and the crystals were shining and making pretty lights on the bed yesterday, they sure caught her eye and purr, purr, purr. LOL. She had desserted Kerry last night and came into the guest room with me to lay on a blanket and sleeping close but keeping one eye open. *grin* Not sure what today will bring, but know Kerry is home and been working on the wood splitter and not had luck yet, but still trying of course, next week the temps will be cooler here even. I was wondering about you ladies that are on the West coast and those high winds in Ca yesterday, has it affected any of you all, boy did they ever get it or what!!! And some winds are heading to the mid west and on into Indiana as well they are predicting. Ladies I have tried and tried to call Helen but never get any answer, I just pray she is well and happy. Well going to go check my email and see if any update on Dee from last night, will keep you all posted on her. Have a good day, hugs, Connie

False

Hi Gals, second day of sunshine. Makes the house more bright and cheery. But still cold temps. DD/family got me a fleece vest for my birthday so have it over my fleece long sleeves. Helps.

Connie, neckless sounds lovely. And must be if Clea is any judge. smile    Thanks for update on Nancy and her family. Did she say if it was Bill's heart or did they know anything yet? Glad Terry is staying with them to help out.

Continued prayer for Dee and for Nancy and Bill and family.

Hugs, Deery

False

Sorry to hear there is so much illness already this month. Connie, have you tried getting in touch with Helen by mail? I hope Lynn is doing o.k. She didn't answer my last note. Do you have her phone number Connie? If so, pleas PM it to me.  Thanks. Hope you got my birthday card.

Not much sun here but have had fog the last several mornings. Duane said when the sun comes out today he'll go out for a walk. I told him, good luck. So far, not a sliver.

Got 18 out of town Christmas cards mailed today along with three bills. I preferred doing the cards.   lol Mostly relatives and very old friends.

A new Hobby Lobby opened up in LYnnwood, not far from us so a friend and I went to case it out. Big store but more ready made items than craft stuff. Nice though. Another one is opening up here in Everett where a grocery store closed down this fall.

Just took a pumpernickle bread out of the machine. As soon as it cools down some we'll have a slice. This recipe makes the biggest loaf! I usually put in caraway seeds even though the recipe doesn't call for it but darn it all, I forgot this time.

Pork chops for dinner and I don't know what else...maybe Mexican corn bread.

False

Yes thank u for the birthday card as well Liz, sorry I missed saying thank you earlier. Typing slower this evening, I fell out in the road today, trying to jump a ditch with Kerry, he had gone just abit ahead of me and I moved over to another area where I thought it looked lesser for me to cross, but the leaves were not part of the road and I stepped and it went down with my left foot, and I just continued to fall forward, my arms flailing to catch me and I went down full force, catching with first one knee, my left hand taking a large brunt, the left knee and then my right hand, boy that road was coming to meet me fast. Kerry said he heard thump, thumping, thumping and thump and heard me cry out, turned and I was already laying on my back. hehe, silly me, it hurt like the devil and my left hand and both my shoulders aches, took some pills to ease pain and stiffness, again silly me. Deery to be honest Nancy said that Bills blood sugar was high, and his BP was dangerously high as well. Have not heard a word from David about Dee, so I guess I may need to try the home phone number and not his cell, I know he was not feeling so good either. I have not tried Helen by mail, maybe I need to try that. I found her niece Pennys phone number on the internet and tried it but only message machine so I did not leave a message. Kerry and I had gone to Michaels and Hobby Lobby both yesterday after going to Best Buy, then I went into Goodwill and found a couple books, while he went into Harbor Freight I think it is called. Well I am going to call it a night and give the hand a rest and the body will be put to bed real soon as well. Night everyone, have a good evening. Hugs, Connie

False

Hi Gals, sunshine and cold here. Dry weather continues.

Liz, that homemade bread sure sounded good. Hope some of this sunshine gets thru up your way.

Connie, what a tumble you took. Did your hand or knee get any open scrapes? I sure hate open scrapes on my hands. Hard to heal with washing hands all the time. Hope the soreness doesn't last long.

Continued prayer for Dee & Dave and Bill and Nancy. Hope recovery is happening for Dee and Bill.

Wishing all a nice Sunday afternoon. Stay warm and safe.

Hugs, Deery

False

Evening Deery, rain and dreary here for most of the day, kind of like it myself, makes for nice napping whether that got interrupted as soon as I dozed off, Kerry had slept a while but he had to take his tractor and help a neighbor out. No open sores, just a tiny scrap on the right knee, but the left hand is sore and stiff, a bit swollen  but not much, getting better though, thank goodness. I am heading to bed, hope everyone has a good week, stay warm. Hugs, Connie

False

Good Morning Girls,

Connie, thanks for the news on Nancy's Bill.  So sorry to hear that he is in the hospital, hope he improves and his sugar comes down and blood pressure lowers.  She sure has had a full plate as well with all the things going on with her family.  Will keep her and Bill in my thoughts and prayers.

So sorry you took such a fall, glad you are o.k. but I am sure you are hurting some.  (((Connie)))  Hope things are going well for you and Kerry.  I was wondering how Dee was doing, Dave as well.  I got an e-mail from her last week and then saw she went into the hospital so was waiting until she was out to respond.  Hope things are going good for her and that she is improving. 

Deery, hope you are doing well.  Been colder than the dickens here, 29 on our back porch this morning.   If I remember correctly you said your DGD will be in a dance recital or program, when will that be?  Hope things are going well for you and that you are staying nice and warm.

Liz, hope all is well with you and Duane.  Are you having very cold weather as well? 

Well it's been a busy week here last week because we had to go out of town to the dentist and then getting ready for the book fair where I sell jams, jellies and goodies as well as some crochet items.  That was Saturday and it went well, sold quite a bit.  Jim is sick and I haven't been feeling real well either.  I guess it's that time of year.  Well I hope everyone has a nice week.  Hugs, Ann

False

Hi Gals, frosty morning. May stay in 30 temps today and clouds may return tomorrow. Community Christmas is Friday evening. DGD picked a modern song and choreograhhed  her dance. It is a Christmas song that has Bethleham in name but I cannot remember unless I write down at time. Lovely blue ballet dress down to knees. DD put rinestones at edge of V neck and rinestones thru out skirt. She dance at studio and teacher turned out lights and put spot light on DGD. DD said it was beautiful. But don't think they will have same lighting at community hall.

Connie, glad you are doing better. Glad you are getting good napping weather, but for the interruptions.

Ann, glad the book Fair went well. You and Jim take care and get some needed rest.

Continued prayer for Dee and Nancy and Bill.

Wishing all a good week.

Hugs, Deery

False

Good day ladies, its a bit chilly in our part of the woods. Will be in the 20's tonight. Sure glad I have that hubby of mine back home and not have to be going back out in this weather. Today is the first dry day we have had and with the temp. dropping sure glad the rain has gone for now but was sure good getting what we did.......Thanks so much for the prayers, I know that they really did help!!!

Until yesterday when I talked with the doctor I did not realize how close I come to lossing Bill. He had been under the weather for a couple of weeks and could not get him to go to the doctor. Finely just made the appointment and did not give him a choice. He went from the doctors office right to the ER. His blood sugars was over 800, BP was over 200 and his heart was acting up from all of that.....But he is home now and doing real good. Now to learn how to feed him! LOL Right now he is going along with his new way of eating, fussing a little but his first trip to the hospital since he was 4 years old has him not wanting to go back any time soon. *grin*

Connie it was sure nice talking with you. Thanks so much for letting me know about our little friend. Have been remembering her in my prayers.....how are you doing after that fall. Do hope that the soreness is better. Will you be getting this cold wave that is going through?

Ann sound like you have been one busy lady. Great that the book fair went well. Do hope that you and Jim are feeling better.

Deery do hope that you will be able to go see DGD dance friday night. Her dress sounds so pretty. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to get out in. Thanks again for the prayers. We both was needing them about then. :>)

Liz do hope that you and Duane are both well. Are you about ready for Christmas? The bread you baked sure sounds good. Enjoy pumpernickle but don't remember ever baking any myself. With Bill limited on his bread I suspose that should not be to quick to try my hand at it for awhile. :>)

Need to run for now, dryer is claiming its finished with the whites and need to give it some colored things to work on now.

Waving to all and wishing you a safe and great week.

hugs, Nancy

False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Hi Nancy, it is wonderful to hear Bill is home and doing better. What a scary time for you both. (((((Nancy)))))

Went for lab this morning. After, DD asked me if I wanted a hair cut and I have been needing one bad. But my head has felt weird all day. I thought for sure my lab was going to be out of range but it is right in range so maybe I didn't get enough sleep. Guess I will have to wait for January to get hair cut. My Mom is slowing down. She is calling to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. She doesn't feel up to making out cards this year. It probably will be a nice break for her and she will get to talk to everyone. She does work too hard around her house. Inside and out. She was 84 Nov 29.

Waving to rest of Kitchen Gals. Hope you are taking those rest breaks. Stay warm and safe.

Hugs, Deery

False

Good afternoon Deery and to all that drop by.

Deery how does your head feel today? Do hope that a good nights sleep has made you feel better. Was your labs, fasting labs? Being hungry can sometimes make you feel ucky too. Just hope that you are ok. Your mom has the right idea this year calling her friends and family for Christmas instead of sending out card. Saves time, money and does give her the chance to visit for awhile and is way more personal. Sounds like she really keeps busy and isn't it wonderful she can still be doing that at 84.

Well we had a real hard freeze last night. Was not our first but this one lasted enough hours that it really did get the outside plants and shrubs. Going to miss the pretty blooms. But spring will come and they will return. Isn't nature great!

Bill went off to play cards this afternoon happy as a lark that there was a game today. I was happy to see him be able to get out and enjoy himself again.:>)

Need to make this short, expecting the internet to be going down again for a few hours again today but did want to drop by when I could. The phone company is working updateing their internet service again, just hope there are not too many changes. Not use to their last ones yet. LOL

Wishing all a great day. Try to stay warm and of course safe and happy.

Giving a wave to all.

hugs, Nancy

False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.