PCH February 2012 Happy Valentine's Everyone!! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

PCH February 2012 Happy Valentine's Everyone!!

Last post Feb 29, 2012 9:25 PM by dangit . 100 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 7 (101 items) 12345Last >
  • PCH February 2012 Happy Valentine's Everyone!!

WELCOME TO THE PCH KITCHEN

Good morning, so good to see you. We hope you'll find the warmth and the friendship here that we have been privileged to enjoy. We have a common bond. We are Physically Challenged Homemakers.

We share affection for one another through compassion, honesty, and most importantly, respect for one another and one another's situations.

We gather here to share information on ways to make our lives easier, to offer support to each other and to share humor and laughter, sometimes tears and always good food.

There is always room in the kitchen for all who would like to join in...So help yourself to a cup of coffee, cocoa, tea or fruit juice. There are always fresh fruit , muffins, coffee cake and cookies....pull up a chair at the old country table and visit awhile.....and remember to tell a friend.

For our old friends that have not been by for awhile, we hope you will drop in and let us know how you are doing.

False
    False
  • Re: PCH February 2012 Happy Valentine's Everyone!!

Hi Girls,  Just opening a new door for February!!!  Have a good day everyone!!!

False

Great to hear from you all! I'm on the computer many times a day to check my email (I usually check it with my iPod, and it transfers to my desk computer).

Ann: I've been downloading recipes from this site and printing them out in the size I want, then taping to post cards, for recipe cards. That seems to be more convenient for me, since my computer isn't an easy access to the kitchen. Some recipe apps on my iPod, let me email recipes, so I email to myself, then it's on the computer, then I print it out and cut it to a shape for a postcard- tape it to the card for a recipe card.

My mom goes to trade shows, since she is in the printing sales business, and gets little "trinkets" for free. I was in their basement last week, and she has thousands of little items that companies can put logos on, to give away. I took some things, that will do things, instead of just "sit" around and look cute.

I sure would like to loose weight, but I can't exercise with Muscular Dystrophy stopping my muscles from working properly and not burning fat. There are always chips and sweets that the rest of my family snack on, and that is not easy to stay out of- especially when I'm the only one here at home!

My husband and I had our 25th wedding anniversary last year, and the "boys" are 22 and 25 years now- this time is just going by so fast!

I love the hints and tips on this forum section and can get so many ideas from other posts too.

Talk whenever!

Mary

False

Keep Smilin'! A good laugh- for any reason- will do anyone good!

Hi Ann, Thanks for opening the February Kitchen. Hope some sunshine is heading your way. It has been in and out here this morning.

Hi Mary, hope your weather is warmer.

When DH was alive and had his heart surgery and had to eat more healthy I made a cookbook for him that was easy and low fat and low salt. Since he had to do most of cooking then. Then when he passed away I started my own recipe book of things I make. I just put recipes in notebook with metal spiral that holds the pages. Either put recipe in with clear contact paper to keep clean or write recipe in. I like the notebooks with a pocket in them for the recipes I want to try.

I am waiting for some library books to come in mail. I have plenty to read but like an exciting cozy mystery. I have been reading the Famers Almanac. lol And my Healthy Cooking Magazine came in mail so I have that to go thru.

Hope everyone has a good day and delightful month.

Hugs, Deery

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Deery: Can you get library books digital copies? Our library just opened up the program about 2 years ago, and I can get online with my computer or iPod and check out books that they have in digital print. I just checked out a slow cooker recipe one and even the Comfort Food Diet cookbook from Taste of Home. Just a thought.

They showed on the news how much warmer this winter is than last winter. It has been 60 degrees everyday (supposed to rain and be colder tomorrow though) for the last few days. At least we aren't falling on ice here this year!

Good to chat!

Mary

False

Hi Gals, Sunny and in the 40 temps, maybe get upto 50 sometime this week.

Mary, I don't have a digital reader. Library is slow because when I read a book from books for homebound list then I want to read the whole series the author wrote and it takes the mailing library time to get the books in I guess.

Been in touch with a cousin I haven't seen since childhood.

Hope some of you Gals will post or I may have to call out the hounds. Hoping you are all okay. Take care and stay warm and safe.

Hugs, Deery

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Please don't call out the dogs, Deery, I'm checking in!   lol

I fell a week ago Mon on black ice here on  one of the driveways in our complex and tore a ligament in my ankle. Was  hopping around for 9 days on one leg and Duane's walker. Swollen still and painful. Check out my post on k.c. so I don't have to go into it all over again.

Had sunshine today so that always makes a person feel good in the winter time.

Duane went to the senior center tonight to play pinochle. Has been three weeks since he last went. Last week he had to baby me and the week before there was too much snow to get out and about. We have been hibernating like bears the month of Jan. either by choice or by necessity. He has a foot dr. appointment tomorrow morning so I think I'll tag along and go grocery shopping across the street when he's done. I'll proberably use one of those carts you can sit in if you can't walk. I don't think my ankle will handle walking all over the store.

Hope everyone is high and dry and not freezing their bums off.

Liz

False

Liz, so good to have you check in. Hope the worse is over and the continued healing will go well. Take great care.

Deery

False

Being inside all the time is not the best of fun, but just keep up your good attitude about everything, then you won't get depressed about it all- don't let it get you down! 

There is snow predicted to states of Kansas, Nebraska, and north of that, but we should only get rain here.

It's getting cloudy out, so the rain must be near- the radar shows it coming our way!

Bye for now!

Mary

False

Hi Gals, Yah! My library books came. Debbie Macombers book: BACK ON BLOSSOM STREET. She is a NW writer. I have not read many of her books but I like the Blossom Street Series. Rhys Bowen is writting 3 different series. I am reading 2 of them. The Evan Evans Mysterys. I have EVANS GATE to read now. And the Molly Murphy Mysterys: TELL ME, PRETTY MAIDEN. So you know what I will be doing. Smile

Wishing All a Good Day.

Hugs, Deery

False

Good day ladies!!

Ann thanks for starting off on a brand new month. Being Feb. do hope it will be a loving and good month for all of us. Noticed that it is a leap year with Feb. having those 29 days. Don't we all wish that Feb. 29th was our birthday so we really could be younger. **giggle** At this stage of my life would not mind going with the every 4 year birthday. LOL....read last month that you was doing alot of crocheting to keep you busy during the winter months. How I wish the crochet patterns made sense to me. LOL all I can make is the covers for hangers. LOL My ends do not have to be even for sure. :>)...but it does help when they are. *sigh* Congratulations on that weight loss....right now all I am be able to do is maintain with cutting out all of the goodies.

Liz sure do hate to hear that you had that fall. Do hope that you will continue to heal.....and hopefully Fast!! So nice to have friends that have been bringing in the goodies. Do hope that Duane's appointment at the foot doctors went well today and by all means do use the electric cart at the grocery store. Such a life saver. I put off using them as long as I could and now will not even dart the doors of a store without them. :>)

Mary its good to see that you are back since my last visit to the kitchen. Do know that your mom did appreciate all of the help. Hopefully all you will be getting in your area is rain. Some of the areas are really getting alot of the white stuff.

Deery so happy that your books have arrived. Enjoy!! Just try not to forget to peek in between chapters once a day. LOL

Welcome to Sandi, do hope that you find the kitchen for the new month.

Has anyone hear from Connie? Connie do hope that your eyes are doing ok and you and Kerry have just been too busy to drop by. Had to smile, look how how its been since I was here. LOL

Need to run for now but do want to wish everyone a safe and fun weekend.

Nancy

False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

I was reading a slow cooker cookbook in digital last night and had that "snuggie" crocheted blanket with arms that I made last month- it wasn't real cold, but the rain made it seem so cold- that dampness really makes it feel colder.

Deery: glad you have library books! Happy reading!

My boys left the lid off of the trash can outside, so it filled with rain. We must have gotten 2" since yesterday. It just keeps misting today, maybe more tonight. No snow around though.

Nancy: can you believe it's February already- even a leap year again? These months are just speeding by!

Bye for now!

Mary

False

Hi Gals, sunshine here and cold clear moonlit nights. Went up to corner to get my paper this morning. Like my paper with breakfast. And wanted a look at the out-of-doors.

Nancy, good to have you check in. Always miss you when you are not in the Kitchen.

Mary, did you find a good slow cooker recipe to make?

Wishing all a good weekend.

Hugs, Deery

False

I looked in the Barnes & Noble site and they have the cookbook in digital and paperback- it's by Diane Phillips. It has the title of  "best slowcooker recipes" or something like that- don't know right now- it was given back to the library. There were very good recipes in there. I really like the dessert recipes because during the summer, I don't want to use the oven but would still like a nice dessert.

If you have a computer, you may be able to read digital books, even without an e-reader (you just need to make sure you have the software that will read them).

Now I'm looking at the book "Taste of Home Comfort Diet Plan Cookbook". This is the one for the diet plan here. If the expiration comes before I get through it, I'll check it out again soon.

Bye for now!

Mary

False

There were lots of good recipes in there, so far. I probably should just buy the book and then I can keep it here in my kitchen, when I want to use it.

Bye for now!

Mary

False