PCH KITCHEN: 'April Showers bring May Flowers' WELCOME | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

PCH KITCHEN: 'April Showers bring May Flowers' WELCOME

Last post Apr 29, 2012 2:13 PM by Tomcatlover . 70 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 5 (71 items) 12345
  • PCH KITCHEN: 'April Showers bring May Flowers' WELCOME

April:

WELCOME TO THE PCH KITCHEN

Good morning, so good to see you. We hope you'll find the warmth and the friendship here that we have been privileged to enjoy. We have a common bond. We are Physically Challenged Homemakers.

We share affection for one another through compassion, honesty, and most importantly, respect for one another and one another's situations.

We gather here to share information on ways to make our lives easier, to offer support to each other and to share humor and laughter, sometimes tears and always good food.

There is always room in the kitchen for all who would like to join in...So help yourself to a cup of coffee, cocoa, tea or fruit juice. There are always fresh fruit , muffins, coffee cake and cookies....pull up a chair at the old country table and visit awhile.....and remember to tell a friend.

For our old friends that have not been by for awhile, we hope you will drop in and let us know how you are doing.

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

• Re: PCH KITCHEN: 'April Showers bring May Flowers' WELCOME

Hi Gals, it just hit me that it is a new Month. Sun is trying to come out. Dry day and maybe rain tonight. I will go back to March and get Mary's message.

~Deery

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Hi Gals, I am having a time trying to 'copy and paste'.  TOH won't let you put same message in new place to I disquise it by writing something before I paste. Hope this works.                   ~Deery

I didn't look at the chats over the weekend-  I ended up playing golf with my husband on Saturday, then we were tired. Yesterday was grocery day and doing stuff. These temperatures are really making high records here- it's been over 90 degrees the last 2 days, and that is so unusual for this time of year! It may cool down a bit (only supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow with clouds). I'm moving my hanging pots outside today (my son will help- there's no way I could do it alone!)

Bye for now!

Mary

False

Hi Mary, sounds like you had a nice weekend. Just getting outside is nice. That warm weather sounds wonderful. Hope you don't cool back down too much.

Hugs, Deery

False

Morning ladies, up early, going back to bed here in a bit, sleepy pill is still kicking in. Looks like everyone is for the birds, hehe, I too have peeked in on the eagles and saw the three babies. Bears only look dark to me, not sure if I saw eyes of not, shucks. Kerry has been working silly on the bathroom, got overhead lights, wall lights and switches on the walls. Mirror went up yesterday evening, stool had already been put in, not far from being done with that room. Dr appt yesterday in Lake Charles, got a very good report on eye pressures after surgery now, was worried about the right eye, it is behaving now, *smile*  Nancy got hit with rains yesterday as I came out of the eye clinic, how dark and rainy it was, roads filled with water, brought it home with me then. Well Kerrys alarm has gone off, and my side of the bed is calling me back me thinks. Have a good day everyone. Hugs

False

Deery: Thank you for moving my message to this new chat- I didn't even think about a new month was over- this time is just going by so fast! I knew the date, but didn't think about a different chat.

It is supposed to rain this afternoon through tomorrow and cool down a bit. It is in the 70's now, and tomorrow is only supposed to be near 70. That's not a lot cooler, but after yesterday, at 93, 70 degrees will be much better. I guess my flowers are slow blooming, compared to most around here, because they only get morning sun, since they are next to my mobile home. They do bloom very nicely, but usually a week or two later than others around.

I just found another casserole recipe that you make in a skillet and put it in the oven for 10-15 min. when done. I didn't want to turn on my oven yesterday in the heat, so I just made it in the skillet, and turned out great. It had cooked pasta, sausage, tomato sauce (like a pizza) and you add cubed Velveeta to melt at the end. Everyone in the family really liked it. I hate to turn on the oven and "heat the place up".

Have a great day!

Mary

False

Keep Smilin'! A good laugh- for any reason- will do anyone good!

Connie, glad you eye Dr appointment went well. Hope you got some more sleep this morning.

Wow, the baby eagles are trying to get out from under mother. It was real windy. Mother was trying to keep them under her. They will be fun watching now.

Had rain this morning.

Waving to all the Kitchen Gals and wishing all a good day.

Hugs, Deery

Hi Mary, you posted a couple of minutes before me. Your skillet casserole sounds good.

False

Hi Girls,

Deery, thanks for opening a new door, April snuck up on me. :)  Hope you are doing well.  How are things going for you?  Are you still getting rain?  Cleared up here for a couple of days and the rain is back.

Mary, hope you are doing well.  You meals sounds yummy.  Hope the weather is good for you there.

Connie, YEAH!!! Glad you got a good report at the eye doctors appt!  I know you both must be relieved about that.  Wow Kerry is just a trucken away on the bathroom huh.  I know you will be very happy when it's all done.  Hope you were able to get some rest.  You were up in the wee hours huh. 

Nancy, hope you and Bill are doing well.  Hope you are far away from the awful storms they are showing on the news, very scary.  Hope you check in soon.

Liz, hope you and Duane are doing well. :)

Well Jim's brother and family are here for the week and it has been pretty hectic.  They have pulled off one whole side of the roof of her house and got the old roofing off and tar paper.  Now new tar paper and roofing put back on, a very long two days for Jim and his brother and wife.  But got it done today they will rip out the floor in her wash house and redo that and the ceiling and insulation.  Yeah.

I am going to sell raffle tickets for the library bookfair in June.  Going to sell them down at the store for a few hours.  Bringing dinner over to MIL's ahead of time for them to have, made taco meat in the crockpot with all the fixings.  Hope everyone has a good day.  Hugs, Ann

False

We had tacos last night, too,  Ann. Great minds.......Tonight was cheeseburger soup. Duane went to play pinochle and afterwards his friend asked him to help mount a new 3D t.v. on his wall. Then he drove him to his allergy dr. for his shot then home so I didn't have to pick him up at the park and ride today. Since I didn't know how long all this was going to take I thought soup would be a good idea. Can keep that warm on the stove. Also made french bread but......I had to throw away the first batch. Opened up the bread machine to shape into loaves and let rise and low and behold I saw I had forgotten to put in the yeast. Not the first time I've done that stunt.

Deery....I look in on the eagles several times a day. I made the mistake of clicking on the new ustream of them and regret it. Don't like it as well as the old site. You supposedly can go back to the old one but when I click on that choice nothing happens. The babies are starting to be adventuresome already. Lord knows what they will be like in a few weeks. Will take mom and dad both to control them.

Started p.t. Fri. for my legs. Had a session yesterday and will have another tomorrow. Two a week....that's all this lady is there. Hope it does some good. Yesterday Duane and I walked down to McD's for coffee. Felt good to be out that long and have the wind in my face. First walk I've taken since Jan. before I fell. Haven't trusted my leg to get me there and back. Was o.k. with it but hurt today. Guess I went too far.

Planted lettuce seed last week in an egg carton and have it on the bathroom window sill. They were germinating at five days. Hope this rotten rain is gone by the time they have to go outside or they'll drown!

Have Lord's Supper tonight so best get ready to go.

Happy Spring.

P.S.  Anybody seen Debbie lately?

False

Just supposed to be 69 degrees today, and rain coming tonight. A cool front went through, so I guess the 90 degrees are out. There will be clouds today, and some may "drop" rain around. Tonight is predicted to be only 52 degrees- we haven't seen that cool in a few weeks now. This is more normal for spring.

The birds sure get up early and talk. My husband was called out at 5:30, and I heard the robins "chatting away" that early.

I'll put another dish in the crock pot again. It is so convenient to put all in a pot that is on top of the counter, and dinner is ready when we are. I'm making a ham and hashbrown casserole.

Been watching the eagles, owls and hummingbirds in nests. Great.

Washing sheets today, better get going!

Mary

False

Hi ladies, Liz I just bet it did feel good to get out and walk in the fresh air, sounds like you did over do it though. What a nice break for you that Duanes buddy pick him up and delivered him back home. Got the Spring fever do ya there? When I peeked in on the eagles the other day Momma or daddy was feeding them and I don't think fast enough, lol. Gorgeous here today, sun shining, chance of rain again they said, bad weather sure hit TX yesterday, was thinking of Nancy through it. Washing shirts today and getting ready to starch and press creases in them. Kerry will fly out Monday for Michigan again for a couple weeks. Ann you are right, he is just trucking right along on that bathroom now. He finally got the over head light/fan/heater/night light put up, the wall light over the new mirror he put in, the pedestal sink is up but not totally done there and faucet is ready to go as well. The laundry room will wait for a while, see how he feels when he comes back, and then he has 80 hours of class when he comes home, then back to Michigan again, so we will see what we fit in there. Ann sounds like wowwww Jim and the family has a really big job going there on the MIL's house and then him working too. And you stay busy right with them, with the library and keeping them fed too. You take it easy as well. Yes the eye examination was a thrill for me and the doctor both, 15 in the right eye and 13 in the left, ohhhh happy days were here that day. Time for another load to go in the washer and I think I hear a ironing board calling this gals name, hehe. Hope you all have a great week. Hugs, Connie

False

Hi Gals, good to see you All. Hope Nancy will check in soon. I was in total frustration this morning. It is the year I have to renew the Health Hardship Housing Permit for the County to have my house on Daughter's land. They don't send all the forms in the mail anymore. You have to get them on the Internet at County website. I tried to find the right county web page to print out the forms (10 pages). but couldn't find it. I do have a copy of the Dr form so I can send it to medical record office for them to fill out. And hope I get it back. It kept getting lost 2 years ago. DD is frustrated with a couple things she is working on so doesn't know when she can print out the permit forms. Cannot wait till this time gets over with for another 2 years.

Wishing All a good rest of week.

Hugs,Deery

False

Awww Deery sure sorry you are having a time getting forms found and printed out, does not make things easy does it. Wish it could last longer than 2 years for you, more like 4 would be much better wouldn't it. Darned paper work any way. I have supper fixed and waiting for Kerry to get back from getting gas in his bigger truck, having to haul his 24 foot trailer to work tomorrow, so more fuel for another vehicle, hehe, not a laughing matter, dangit anyway. *grin* These darn gas prices are terrible aren't they. I made German snitzel for supper, the jager-snitzel with the mushroom and onion gravy to go over it and pom-fritzs, hehe, in other words french fries, made them from fresh peeled potatoes. Come on Kerry come on Kerry, hehe. Well better get up from here, he should be rolling in pretty soon, have a good evening. Hugs, Connie

False

Those paper forms sure can be frustrating. We just sent our tax stuff to a CPA and let him do our taxes- even though it costs, the time and our energy have to be factored in- and we know he will get it right- no wondering if we did it right.

Cooking on the stove tonight. It's a burger dish with zucchini and Velveeta cheese too.

The temperatures are back to spring again. The high was only in the 50's today and it should be in the 30's tonight.

That "heat wave" was a bit too much for March. When it's so hot that we had to turn on air conditioning during the day, and even the cats were hot- is just too much. I like the warm weather, but when it comes "all of a sudden" that can be a problem for many things.

I was just looking up my husband's family tree on ancestry.com. I have been on the computer for 5 hours! I have a line back to 1500's and Netherlands for him. I even have pictures of some (pictures only go back so far). Many relatives are from VA and Pennsylvania after they came to the US from Europe. Once I get started, so many hints and stories can be added. I'm tired now!

Mary

False

Wow Mary, that is like a job sitting at computer 5 hours. That sounds so interesting finding your families historys. And something for your Sons to have a record of also.

Connie, your dinner sounded interesting. Thanks Gals for understanding about dang goverment paper work.

TOH Recipe of day was creamed fresh or frozen peas with red skinned potatoes. I still remember a couple of AUnts that made that with fresh produce from the garden. So delicious.

I feel better today. Just have to do what I can and wait for rest to fall into place. DD also has to have septic pumped and then have county check it and wait for their report in mail that has to go with rest of forms  to turn in at court house.

I am going to stop looking at weekly weather report in newspaper. It is never the same from day to day. Yesterday they had some sun next week and getting up to 70 degrees. Today it was back to rain and in the 50s.

DD is having prime rib for Easter. I don't know if she is cooking it or SIL is cooking in the weber. Wait and see.

Hug Deery

False