Cast Iron Skillet Brownie | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Cast Iron Skillet Brownie

Last post Apr 23, 2012 11:53 AM by red_savage1 . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Cast Iron Skillet Brownie

Cast Iron Skillet Brownie

1 cup sugar

3 large eggs

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter

1/4 cup heavy cream

8 ounces chocolate chips or coarsely chopped chocolate

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt.

In a medium cast iron skillet, bring butter and cream to a simmer over medium heat. Add chocolate; reduce to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate has melted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let cool 5 minutes.

Add chocolate mixture to sugar mixture, whisking until blended (reserve skillet). Fold in flour mixture. Pour batter into skillet.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. (for a gooeyer brownie bake for about 35 minutes)

Serve from skillet, warm or at room temperature.

For an even more decadent treat, serve with ice cream & strawberries!

False
  • Re: Cast Iron Skillet Brownie

I had to copy this one. I love brownies and I could make this at work! LOL Thanks Beverly!

Chris

False

What size is the medium cast iron pan? And if you melt the chocolate chips and add to the batter, Why in the picture is there a light brown crust dotted with choc chips?

False
    I haven't had brownies in a really long time. My mom is a huge fan of brownies I'll send this to her and tell her to send me the baked goods hahaha!
    False

RaDreamFarm
    What size is the medium cast iron pan?

I'm thinking a medium cast iron skillet would be 9-10 inches. I have not made this recipe so am unable to answer the rest of your questions.

False