Can you freeze eggplant???? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can you freeze eggplant????

Last post Aug 06, 2004 11:52 AM by vell . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Can you freeze eggplant????
    I am up to my knees in eggplant this morning. Has anyone ever frozen it - do you slice it and freeze? What would you do with an abundance?

Thanks, Nancy W*
    False
  • RE: Can you freeze eggplant????
    I used to work for a produce company and I believe that egplant does not freeze well. It's very texture is so easily broken down after it is cut that I think freezing would turn it to mush.

I'm not a big eggplant fan, so I can't help you with what to dow ith it. Good luck!
    False
    My dad used to freeze eggplant--I think that's why I don't like eggplant now as an adult or then as a child. Eggplant gets rubbery when frozen.
    False
    Thanks for the replies. Since I can't freeze it, are there any recipes for using it other than eggplant parmesean?

Thanks, Nancy W*
    False
    Eggplant frozen by itself is "yuk"! However, it can be frozen already baked in casseroles, especially those with tomato. The consistency changes here also but it is acceptable. Just type eggplant into any cooking search engine and you will get a LOT of recipes.

If you have a dehydrator you can also dry it and then throw into anything you wish later.
    False