pork chops with chicken rice soup | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

pork chops with chicken rice soup

Last post Sep 11, 2012 6:40 PM by weebill . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • pork chops with chicken rice soup

I read both Recipes and Kitchen Chat.    Recently there was a recipe for pork chops cooked with a can of chicken rice soup and a package of au jus.      I did not save the recipe and now cannot find it.    Hopefully someone has it and could send it to me.     Many thanks.     

False
  • Re: pork chops with chicken rice soup

Here you go:

False
    Reply Posted: Aug 28, 2012 2:08 PM in Recipes
    Post # 247
    Re: Kathy/Onesassy T&T Recipe Box

Crockpot Rice Pork Chops

Yummy! These pork chops are delicious smothered in tasty gravy and rice! A huge hit for dinner! They were gobbled down by my family! I would of never thought that adding a can of Chicken & Rice soup would work with pork chops but it was the perfect combination! Can't wait to make them again and the best part, dinner was ready when I got home from work and the house smelled sooooo good!

6 boneless pork chops
    1/2 cup of flour
    1-1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
    garlic salt and cracked black pepper to taste
    1 cup chicken broth
    1 (1 ounce) packet Au Jus seasoning mix
    1 (10 ounce) can chicken and rice soup
    2 teaspoons olive oil

Heat oil in skillet.

Mix flour, dry mustard, garlic salt and pepper and dust pork chops. Brown pork chops in skillet.

In crockpot add, broth, soup and Au Jus packet. Mix well. Add browned pork chops.

Cover and cook on low 6 hours or 4 hours on high.

False

Many thanks for the recipe.   I have it saved in my recipe folder.   A friend is visiting and I was looking for something for supper that I could start early since I will be gone until a little after 6.    She eats frozen dinners so this week I am seeing that she has home cooked food!   Hope it turns out to be as good as the picture looks.   

False

I made this for dinner tonight and we loved it. I cooked additional rice to have with it. there was plenty of gravy since I only made 2 pork chops, as there are just the two of us. Some people might find it a little salty, but I lliked it that way. The pork was  juicy and fork tender.

False

This not only sounds good, it looks good too. I can't wait to make it.

False