Has anyone tried Aldi's Priano olive oils? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Has anyone tried Aldi's Priano olive oils?

Last post Oct 13, 2012 10:16 AM by cllw . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Has anyone tried Aldi's Priano olive oils?

I see in the add for the week Priano olive oil and Garlic olive oil. I am not sold on Carlini(but that is because I love Colavita) but would love to try the garlic one...It sure is cheaper than where I buy it!

Has anyone tried it?

Thanks, Linda

False
  • Re: Has anyone tried Aldi's Priano olive oils?

I saw it Linda and it seems reasonably priced but I have not tried it.

I have been buying olive oil for salads lately that state "light" tasting since I once bought a big bottle of olive oil that I thought was a great price but it tasted way too strong to me . It took me ages to use that up and I kept diluting it with lighter tasting oil I doubt that the Priano would have that issue though.  ~Susan

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

I buy a HUGE bottle of garlic olive oil at Costco for about $7.50.....it's a 1 litre bottle, a little more than a quart and it's so good I could almost DRINK IT !Wink  Haven't tried Aldi's because I always keep at least two bottles of the Costco on hand....the ex date on it now is into 2014.  As inexpensive as Aldi's is, why not try it....they're really good about returns in case you're NOT satisfied.

False

Marilyn

I agree about the price as great~and I probably would try the garlic oil. I just paint that on french bread for really great garlic bread.(I pay about 15.00 for the garlic oil I use nowEmbarrassed but it's really THAT good!)

We don't have a costco any where around but I did hear there was one that was supposed go in Ft Wayne so will at least check it out. I see everyone talking about it so it might be worth the drive.

It must be looking like 'Italian' week at Aldi's by the looks of their add. I like their little pasta nests!

Thanks for your input~much appreciated!

Linda

False

Gm Everyone, Coffee  Linda, I am Not familiar with that brand.  We do have an Aldi near by so I'll scope it out. 

Isn't it amazing how olive oil prices  vary. 

Thanks  for the heads up.

Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

I was talking to DS about Garlic bread recipes last night and this recipe came up in the conversation as one we may try. Keeps in the fridge for a week and got  some good reviews. Let us know if you try the Aldi brand Linda.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/garlic-oil-recipe/index.htm

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

lol  All I had to see was Ina and I instantly know its  a Winner !  I love her recipes.

Thanks  Susan.

I have 2 yeast packets  left over  so I will be playing around before we leave. 

Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Years ago I tried making garlic oil...lol...I liked it but it sure turned on me. It didn't have a very long life span.

I like to roast potatoes and baste chicken in the garlic oil, too...what a difference it makes!  I will definitely try it so will let you know.

False