Rec, Rev & Pic~ Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Rec, Rev & Pic~ Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells

Last post Nov 16, 2012 7:38 AM by carol1229 . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Rec, Rev & Pic~ Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells

Weather has turned chilly, comfort food is on my mind.   Tim and I love stuffed shells, but usually I make them with sausage and Jake can be persnickety about it.   Salsa shared the link to this one a while back, and I loved the idea of making them with chicken.

I used Penzey's Italian Seasoning in place of the parsley, garlic powder and oregano.    And I never measure  cheese, just eyeball it.   I had no cooked leftover chicken on hand, so I put some olive oil in a skillet, added some thin cut chicken breast and when they were cooked through I tossed them into the KA and let it do the shredding.   I added in the cheese mixture and when it was throughly blended I used a cookie scoop to fill the shells quickly.

I never cook my lasagna noodles, just add 1c of water and bake for longer, and I'll definitely be giving that method a try with this recipe too!   These were a huge hit here, and definitely will be going into the menu rotation.    Thank you so much Salsa and be sure to go check out the blog for more good stuff!

Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells

Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    --------  ------------  --------------------------------
      1 1/2           cups  ricotta cheese
      1                     egg
         1/2          tsp.  parsley
         1/4          tsp.  garlic powder
         1/8          tsp.  oregano
         1/8          tsp.  pepper
         3/4           cup  grated Parmesan cheese
      2               cups  shredded Mozzarella cheese -- divided
      2               cups  cooked -- shredded chicken
      16                    jumbo pasta shells -- cooked and drained
      2               cups  spaghetti sauce -- (2 to 3)

1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and pepper; mix well. Stir in Parmesan cheese, 1-1/4 cups Mozzarella cheese and chicken.

2. Preheat oven to 350º.

3. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of an 9x13-inch baking dish. Evenly fill shells with chicken mixture and place in dish. Pour remaining sauce over shells; sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella cheese.

4. Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Yield: 4-6 servings.

Source:
      "http://ginasitaliankitchen.blogspot.com/2010/07/chicken-parmesan-filled-shells.html"

False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

• Re: Rec, Rev & Pic~ Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells

This sounds good...will give it a try...thanks for posting it.

False

Jolene I am glad you enjoyed it - thank you for the review

I like your tip - that you add extra water to the noodle and bake it longer

False

Thanks Jolene for the review and picture, looks greatSmile

Salsa, thanks sharing the recipe.

Linda

False

Such a pretty picture Jolene! I'll probably assume you meant pasta shells instead of lasagna noodles? This sounds so great and never make stuffed shells and I just love them!

Thank-you both for such a wonderful sounding recipe, plus your review & pic Jolene. Mmmm.

False

Thanks for taking a peek CoffeeTime and Linda  :)

Salsa, I don't see why that wouldn't work with this recipe too.   With leftover chicken and not cooking the noodles it would go together way faster.    :)   I haven't tried to stuff them uncooked, though I have done manicotti that way.

Jill, good morning!  Nope, I meant lasagna noodles.   I never precook those anymore.   These I didn't want to chance it since it was the first time making them, but I just can't see how it wouldn't work.  It would about double the cooking time though, I'd do them at 350 covered for 45 mins and check them them first time.

:)  Have the house to myself today, going to catch up on my tv, fold some laundry and eat cashews  LOL

False

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Looks so good.Thanks Jolene and Salsa for the great r n r`s. G m to you,

Rosie

False

I've made this too, Jolene & we loved it as well.  Actually, though, I made it into lasagne roll-ups.  Made the lasagna noodles in my Fasta Pasta, so didn't have to worrying about overcooking it.  Then made the filling, spread it on the lasagna, roll them up, placed in a baking dish, topped with sauce & motzarella & baked.  Delicious!  Thanks so much Salsa for posting this.  It has endless possibilities.

Barb

False
    Looks absolutely delicious, Jolene. I definitely have to try this. Thanks for your review, recipe, and picture. Joan
    False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16-1/2 years.

MMMMMm  Fabulous ~  Thanks  Jolene .  A must try for for me as well.

Howdy doo all ~

Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Running late this morning, but wanted to run through and thank everyone for the nice comments!  

This reheated great, we had the leftovers last night for dinner.   I'll pull out the pan I froze over the holidays sometime when I'm baking so I don't have to mess with cooking too  :)

False

YUM!!!!!!!!!  We love stuffed shells too.  I can't wait to try these Jolene-I'm always looking for ways to use leftover roasting chicken........or um........maybe a little leftover Thanksgiving turkey? 

Thanks for your review, the recipe and that Mmmmmmm photo.  I haven't eaten breakfast yet-now I'm REALLY hungry. :)

Carol

False