Chicken and Dressing HELP Question??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Chicken and Dressing HELP Question???

Last post Nov 16, 2012 6:28 PM by plumcrazy__Alta . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Chicken and Dressing HELP Question???

I am wanting to make Chicken and Dressing Casserole for Thanksgiving.  Can I make the Chicken and Dressing the day before and bake it on Thanksgiving morning?? ( for Lunch) Can I mix the cornbread , cooked chicken  and celery and onions AND the chicken broth and RAW eggs together and refrigerate overnight? Thanks!

False
  • Re: Chicken and Dressing HELP Question???

Yes you can. You may have to bake it a little longer to make up for it being cold.

False

I make my dressing up the Sunday before Thanksgiving and leave out the eggs until I get ready to bake it.  You may need to add a little more broth too, so it is not too dry. I don't add chicken to my dressing so I bake the chicken or turkey the morning of.   

False

As long as you keep it refrigerated until you bake it, it should be fine.

True

Online Community / Field Editor Manager

Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sue.stetzel@RD.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

We are not doing turkey this year. Mom and Dad both have been in hospital. Mom in mid Sept to almost end of Oct. Bladder infection and dr had a bone scan done which showed fracture on each side of tailbone from 2 weeks prior that Cat Scan did not show.  Her mobility is bad. Dad in week ago for 5 days with heart cath and stents and but  2 heart caths  done the same day. Dad now has shingles.So I want as easy as possible so they don't try to help me in kitchen a lot.

thanks

False

Did you ever consider crockpot dressing?? Mix all the liquid in one container, the crumbs, onions etc in another and then morning of toss them together and put in the crockpot. Then stick the chicken in the oven unstuffed. You would never know the dressing was not in the chicken, that is all I have been making for years already.

Too bad about your parents, I know how hard it is as I have done it, good luck to you all, Karen

False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose