HOMEMADE TOOTSIE ROLLS | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

HOMEMADE TOOTSIE ROLLS

Last post Dec 01, 2012 3:26 PM by rosiewny . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • HOMEMADE TOOTSIE ROLLS

saw this on pinterest and thought some of you might like to check it out. I think this link will work, if it doesn't and you will reply here i'll try to post the recipe..........

http://food52.com/blog/4717_homemade_tootsie_rolls

I'm going to try them soon. Just too much going on for me right now. But, if anyone does try these, please let me know how they are. all the comments on the site were favorable.

NOTE: if the comments don't show up there was a discussion on adding 1/8 - 1/4 t. of orange flaoring to the tootsie rolls by working it into the dough a drop or two at at ime for the authentic taste.

False

THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots scrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to suport its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect it's flag, and to defend it against all enemies. Proud member of The Daughters of The American Revolution

• Re: HOMEMADE TOOTSIE ROLLS

Thank you for sharing.

Rosie

False

thanks Rosie,

It was so kind of you to respond. ;-)

False

THE AMERICAN'S CREED I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots scrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to suport its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect it's flag, and to defend it against all enemies. Proud member of The Daughters of The American Revolution

Years ago I had a church cookbook that had recipes for chocolate covered cherries,  marshmallows and Tootsie rolls.  I made the cherries and the marshmallows once.  They were ok but not worth all the work!

I never attempted the Tootsie rolls.

False

Hi CookingImpaired,

I'm going to try them only because i have an elderly neighbor who loves tootsie rolls. I have never been much of a fan of 'bought" candy. Homemade is my favorite,  especially divinity, and I learned to make that at a very young age.Stick out tongue I make it to send to an elderly aunt every year for her birthday.

I also love something called "Cream Candy". that is a bit harder to make but worth the trouble. The pieces, if made right, melt in your mouth. That one has to be pulled until it turns chalky.

False

DAR lady

thanks Rosie,

It was so kind of you to respond. ;-)

My pleasure.Did`nt hurt at all.:)) Thank you again.

Rosie

False