REC REV: Taco Supreme Cupcakes(fun little recipe and crowd pleaser) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

REC REV: Taco Supreme Cupcakes(fun little recipe and crowd pleaser)

Last post Dec 27, 2012 10:37 AM by Albany_NY . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • REC REV: Taco Supreme Cupcakes(fun little recipe and crowd pleaser)

This is a fun little recipe and one you might want to consider for your 'football food'...Taco Supreme Cupcakes

We have an annual Mexican theme Christmas party open house and when I saw these in the First for Women magazine at the store, I knew it would be perfect.

I put out bowls of toppings like shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, cilantro, sauces and salsa, etc and kept these coming. I not only used the beans and cheese, but added chicken or beef taco meat and baked them for about 10 minutes. and took them to the table on a big tray with the rest of the buffet.  I went through 3 pkg of eggroll papers making these little goodies.

As a hint for filling them, I used a little cookie scoop to fill them before baking and the rest was up to the guests.

The fillings could be endless from crab dip or salad, brie or whatever your imagination comes up with.

Linda

http://www.firstforwomen.com/food/taco-supreme-cupcakes

False
  • Re: REC REV: Taco Supreme Cupcakes(fun little recipe and crowd pleaser)

Gm Linda,  This one was still warm when I snagged it ! 

These look fabulous ! And I know they were Huge Hits !

Thanks  Bunches. Going to make them when the kids arrive ! And you are right one could use many fillings  in there. Those little wrappers  bake up so nicely.  I round cut out a circle before I insert them into the muffin pans. They look like little flowers.  Either way they are delicious.

Yes

Janie

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Morning Ladies!

I pinned that little goodie! Thanks LindaYes

Oh Janie- I see a review in the future on these!

Linda

False
    Those certainly looked great the first time you posted them and they still look Great!! I guess I didn't notice on the recipe if that was recommended to put out bowls of toppings but that would be perfect for these... any sour cream in there? Thank-you Linda! Were those difficult at all to put together?
    False

I've done this same thing using Tostito Scoops.  Laid them out on a cookie sheet, used a ziplock bag with a corner snipped to fill them with refried beans.  Then added the rest.  So good!

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Snow, snow go away...so I can go shop!

Thanks...these look good!

Margaret

False