HAPPY NEW YEAR from the PCH Kitchen- Jan 2013 | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

HAPPY NEW YEAR from the PCH Kitchen- Jan 2013

Last post Mar 03, 2013 12:10 PM by lin_65 . 60 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 5 (61 items) 12345
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR from the PCH Kitchen- Jan 2013

WELCOME TO THE PCH KITCHEN

Good morning, so good to see you. We hope you'll find the warmth and the friendship here that we have been privileged to enjoy. We have a common bond. We are Physically Challenged Homemakers.

We share affection for one another through compassion, honesty, and most importantly, respect for one another and one another's situations.

We gather here to share information on ways to make our lives easier, to offer support to each other and to share humor and laughter, sometimes tears and always good food.

There is always room in the kitchen for all who would like to join in...So help yourself to a cup of coffee, cocoa, tea or fruit juice. There are always fresh fruit , muffins, coffee cake and cookies....pull up a chair at the old country table and visit awhile.....and remember to tell a friend.

For our old friends that have not been by for awhile, we hope you will drop in and let us know how you are doing.

False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

• Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR from the PCH Kitchen- Jan 2013

Good day and a very Happy New Year to all!!!

Sorry I have been missing for so long but do have alot of irons in the fire right now. *sigh* But will make a better attempt to get to the kitchen more often. Miss visiting with you sweet ladies. :>)

Do hope that everyone had a nice Christmas this year. Ours was nice, not as many cookies and goodies this year and the cook took a holiday and served finger food and munchies this year but everyone seems ok with it. At least most of it was gone. LOL

Knew I would have to make this fast but did want to get a few hellos in before Bill's bell started ringing. LOL

Take care ladies and will try to get back and visit alittle longer later.

Hugs Nancy

False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Nancy, what a wonderful surprise to see you opening the New Year Kitchen. So good to see you post again. Happy New Year to You and Bill and Terry. Keeping you all in prayer.

Sunshine here today and nights in the 20 temps.

Wishing Each All the Best in the New Year.

Happy New Year.

Hugs, Deery

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Happy new year everyone. Kinda cold here last night, too, but sunny today. Saw ice in the parking lot when I went out to the car to buy some apple juice at the store. DS is visiting...leaving tomorrow to go back to Spokane and returning to Utah to complete his training for the new company he works for. Then off to Afganastan in Jan or Feb. Will be there at least a year so this is the last time we will see him for a long time.  Crying  He came down with the flu last night so not so frisky today. Hope we don't get it. I'm usually not a victim of the flu bug but you never know.

Trying to find a local store that sells sleeper sofa mattresses but no luck so far. Have a few more I can call and then up a creek. The sofa is still good just need a new mattress for it. Could get a bed mattress and break out the chainsaw!

After DS leaves Duane's son and daughter in law are stopping by on their way  home from Canada....visiting their daughter who married a Canadian. I think they will be here on Thurs till Fri. Sat is my birthday dinner with friends and after that hopefully the holiday madness is over with and back to normal. Enought to wear a person out!

We all were in bed by 10 last night and no plans for today. Good thing with Steve not feeling up to par yet. He's very tired though.

Hope you all have a great new year!!

False

I don't pop in here frequently.  Nancy, Deery, and Liz... I wish each of you a wonderful year.  Do Connie and Ann still post here?  Greetings to anyone I've missed.

~~Vicki

False

Vicki, nice to have you stop by. Are you the friend of Susan and Marcella? That is where I have heard Dutchmom mentioned before. But this is first time I have met you. :)  Many of our ladies have a hard time getting on TOH site. Ann was latest having problems with site. Hope Connie may stop by sometime. Some of us have met up on fb to stay in touch. Wishing you a wonderful 2013 also.

Liz, hope you and Duane do not catch the flu. So sorry your son was sick. Hope his health returns.

Sunshine here today. May cloud up tomorrow with some rain.

Wishing all the very best in the New Year.

Hugs, Deery

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

from Mary, she opened an extra PCH Kitchen this morning. We have all done that before. Smile

I was just getting used to writing 2012 on things with dates, now I need to change it again. This year sure went by fast.

I found a new app for my iPod, called Evernote foods, and you can put your favorite recipes in there, and even when you go to restaurants, you can put pictures of foods, menus, good foods there, etc. Sounds like fun.

It was only 9 degrees this morning, before the sun came up, but supposed to be in the 30's this afternoon. Maybe colder tomorrow, we'll see.

Mary

False

Hi Mary, what cold temps. Burrrrr......   Here it has only been as low as 20 tempertures so far this winter. So glad I have 2 sets of flannel sheets this winter. Don't have to change back to cold sheets when I laundry them.

Hugs, Deery

False

Yes, Deery.  I am also a friend of Susan and Marcella.  I used to post on the Caregiver Room threads.

~~Vicki

False

Happy New Year everyone!! Oh so nice to see you opening the kitchen door with the nice smells as we step in and the open arms for welcoming hugs! Vicki, hey lady, so wonderful to see you, I had missed the old friend faces for so long.... Always nice to see ol friends. Kerry and I are doing better, he is back to work as of today, but he was always working here at home, except for being sick, he has been one sick puppy. Got the splitter going and split a bit of wood for a couple hours, I told him I would go down and help him this next weekend, just work the handle for him and he said ok, but was not happy about it. We had a very quiet New years Eve and the next day was even quieter for the most part. Have a great year ladies, and I hope each and everyone of us and our family members feel much better. Prayers for you all, hugs, Connie

False

Good day everyone!!! Would say goodmorning but using word so if stopping is a need be will not lose it all like yesterday. :>)

Deery thats good you have a extra change of your flannel sheets this year. Sounds like its cold enough there to be needing them every bed change. :>) So far we are staying pretty much in the 40's during the day and dropping down to the 30's at night. A few nights in the high 20's and you betcha that heat was set to run all night. LOL

Liz sure sorry that your son came down with that darn old flu. Do hope he is able to shake it quickly. And yes, hope he did not share it with you or Duane. :>) Do you have a place in your area that covers and repairs sofas? They may be able to tell you where you can get a replacement mattress for your sofa. Of course they may want to do it themselves and a new sofa bed may be cheaper. LOL

Vicki its sure good to see you in the kitchen. Do drop in often, would love to see you more . So many of our old friends on the board we have lost track of since the change over with the board. So many rooms a person has to join in order to visit!! Sure miss the old days when it seemed more like a big group of friends getting together.

Mary do hope that its warming up for you some in your area. Goodness 9 is just toooooo darn cold!!!! Glad that Deery found your post and brought you over. We have all done the second post before LOL

Connie its so good to see you. Glad Kerry is feeling better before he had to go back to work. How are you doing? Do hope that you are taking it a bit slower in the new year. Want to keep that ticker happy!!!.......are you getting about the same kind of weather as us? We have had a few sprinkles of rain the past few days but not sure it ever made it in the rain guage. :>)

Well need to hush for now and try getting Bill to eat a little something again. He has not started the chemo yet and can only imagine what its going to be like to get him to eat then...

hugs, Nancy

False

Deery: thank you for pasting my message- sorry for the mistake.

It's at the freezing temp. today, and only supposed to get to 14 tonight. The sun just doesn't seem to stay shining long enough to "warm things up".

There are ads on the side of my screen (from this website) for free items/samples and they say "no strings attached", but I wonder if they are just trying to get my email address or any other sales. I'd like to get free stuff, but so many people are out there just to get info. from us.

Mary

False

Keep Smilin'! A good laugh- for any reason- will do anyone good!

When you get on next time for the TOH site please let them know I said hello and think about them often and hope all is going well for them.  Hugs, Ann

The upper part is from Ann from the FB page. Nancy we have had those same darned temps, burrr, just not Southern weather is it girl, so much for our shorts weather! Well you can betcha it won't be that many more months till be can be putting our short shorts on and then be complaining about it being hot will it. LOL. Oh Nancy, I am trying to take it slower and doing a pretty good job of it, put out trash today, Kerry has his days mixed up too, yesterday was his first day back to work in I don't know how long, I think he said 2 days shy of two weeks and then before that he was working any where from 1 to 3 days a weeks, so yesterday was Wed. but to me it was Monday! Sheesh, talk about confusing a blonde. *grin* Liz hope your Steve feels better soon, hate to hear he is going to Afghanistan, part of the job, but sure don't have to like it do we. I think Chris said he won't be going back to Antarctica till next Dec, so will be home with his family for a year, some kind of retention thing, guess they think some might get a bit tired of living on the "Ice" for 6 months of each year, bout time, he has had 9 years of it, I am sure his family will enjoy it. Burrr Deery, 9 degrees is just way to cold and tells me I should not complain about 20's and 30's, hehe. Lets just say I don't want that cold anymore. I brought Fire, the long tailed Siamese in this morning and just held it, I had been bringing in some wood for the fireplace. I scooped Fire up and sat in my rocker recliner, warming it and petting, it liked it but Clea did not fancy it atall LOL. Then put it back out, I can't handle all three kitties in here with Clea, this is her domain and they know it, spoiled brat she is. While putting out the trash the kitties ran across the road into the trees, well I looked up and there they were, 3 cats attached to the sides of trees, if you can picture a vaccuum cleaner with kittens, well picture those trees as vacs, hehe, crazy cats. I have been looking at seed catalogs that have come in, yes they are calling my name, Kerry asked if I had ordered anything yet, well duhhhh, why would he ask that? LOL. Nope not yet. I saw some seedless tomatoes in one, I may have to order a few of those seeds and see. Not sure what we will plant or how much now, with Kerry leaving for 2+1/2 months and how often after that, he has been home for a long while now, I kind of hold my breath these days. Been nice having him home, I have been blessed and my getting sick when I did, guess it happened at a good time, if any time is good? Buck, our neighbor went for heart cath yesterday and there were no new blockages, same ol ones, so no new stents for him. I have yacked way to long here, lets hope it posts. Ann said she could not get on TOH, aggravating for sure.. Take care ladies, will pop back in again. Nancy sure nice to see you opening the kitchen these days. By the way, next contact you have with GrannyB, tell her I said hi, pretty please. Hugs, Connie

False

Looks like nice weather today. It is in the teens this morning, but supposed to be in the 30's this afternoon.

I have 3 different browsers for the internet on my desktop (all free), and if I have trouble getting on a site (or logging off, or it "freezes"), I just use a different browser. It usually is just fine with different software for accessing the web.

Have a great day all!

Mary

Happy Birthday out there!

False

Keep Smilin'! A good laugh- for any reason- will do anyone good!

Good afternoon ladies, Nancy I know you can read this and Ann can read but not post yet, sometimes ok, sometimes nah, so ok, I am used to talking to myself, hehe. Just got through playing phone tag with Ann, and chit chatted for a longgg time, I am spilling the beans, she said she was still in her jammies, and 11:30 there, but hehe, 1:30 here and still in my jammies, LOL. Boy I have room to talk don't I. Ucky outside, supposed to have rain heading this way, not much chance, but some. Oh well. Liz did you get a message from Ann, either on FB or here? She was not sure if you had gotten it or not. Just wondering. Well I am gonna throw on my sweater and run out and grab my trash can before someone hits it, grrr.

laters....

False