OT: NEED IDEAS FOR CHURCH FELLOWSHIP | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

OT: NEED IDEAS FOR CHURCH FELLOWSHIP

Last post Aug 11, 2004 4:35 PM by enjoynature . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • OT: NEED IDEAS FOR CHURCH FELLOWSHIP
    I was asked to join the Celebrations committee at my church. Tonight (should have posted earlier) they are meeting to discuss 2005 events and suggestions for new ideas. They have a chocolate festival in Feb, apple festival in Oct. All events tend to be the same ... someone brings a dessert and it's set up on the table at coffee hour ... blah, blah, blah ... I'm looking to hear about what your church does, NEED some new ideas, please help.

Barb

False
  • RE: OT: NEED IDEAS FOR CHURCH FELLOWSHIP
    It seems like we always have something going. We have a Father-Son breakfast the Saturday before Father's Day. We have a Mother-Daughter banquet the Friday night or Saturday night before Mother's Day. On the months with a fifth Sunday we have a church-wide carry-in dinner.
    False
    Thanks MissEllie, I really like the father/son breakfast idea. Thanks for responding.

Barb
    False
    Around Valentine's Day we honor our Senior Adults- the youth serve and provide a small program for them. We have a Winter Festival in January and Noah's Ark party in October.

The Winter Festival is geared toward the young children and their families. We have different classrooms with activities. Each older youth and adult SS class is responsible for a classroom activity. There is usually a talent show etc.

Noah's Ark is in lieu of Halloween with similar type games and activities.
    False
    I have been to other churches or read about things they do. Like Corn boil when corn is still good before fall. Everyone brings a covered dish and of course you have fresh corn boiled up to go with it.
    Or before thanksgiving you get together and make pumpkin, pecan, and apple pies together. Everyone brings so much of each thing and the pies are made while everyone fellowships and enjoyed for Thanksgiving.
    Or after Thanksgiving you have stone soup..everyone brings leftovers and makes a big pot of soup some are in charge of salads and desserts to go with it
    Memorial Day and Labor Day picnic chicken is bought by the church and everyone else brings the fixings. Games are there for the children after the meal.
    Christmas Dinner everyone brings the dessert the meal is provided
    You can have a Hawaiian Lau-out..there are ideas and menus posted on this board and other places to search for
    Women's tea or mother daughter tea where you have a traditional old fashion tea party again ideas have been posted here or you can find them on other sites
    Christmas in July...just like the statement you can have a traditional Christmas with the trimmings and gift for some organization in July
    Have men or womens conference get a good speaker and have a meal with it
    Or go camping as a church whomever in the family or families want to go book at a local campground for the weekend with church on Sunday
    Sun rise service on Easter get up and have Service on Easter Morning way early watch the sun rise and have a fellowship meal
    Friend Day where you invite a friend to a service change the time that Sunday so you can have a brunch meal after service
    OR family day where you have a meal and bring your family for others to meet whomever is dear to your heart in the family
    Memorial Day remember those whom past on or are still living that are in the service.
    False
    wow what great ideas, thanks so much.

Barb
    False
    forgot also you can have a cookie baking day where everyone brings things to make cookies that can be frozen for later to serve at get togethers or used at Christmas or plates taken to shut in to enjoy
    Also I know of someone mentioned to me that a bunch of the people get together and make meals ahead of time together so they can take them to someone whom is sick or surgery or new mother all they have to do is pull it out of the church freezer or someone elses freezer whom has it
    You could also have a carnival day.
    where you have booths made out of cardboard boxes and games and activities like a mini carnival.
    False