baked potato bar | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

baked potato bar

Last post Aug 12, 2004 12:14 PM by tizzlish . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • baked potato bar
    I am thinking of having a potato bar for a back to school luncheon, I am trying to think of different toppings for it...any suggestions would be great....thank you...what else should i serve with it? thinking of a baked chicken breast on a low-carb bun,
    False
    Betty
  • RE: baked potato bar
    A baked potato bar can be pretty filling, so I'd go light for anything else you serve. Maybe a ceasar salad with or without chicken?

For toppings, you're only limited by your imagination! Chili, salsa, cheddar cheese, broccoli, pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, bacon bits/crumbled bacon, chopped green onion or regular onion, sour cream, nacho type melted cheese.....Enjoy~Sounds yummy!

Amy
    False

Yum this sounds good!

I would have lots of melted cheese, brocolli, bacon bits & maybe some chili, sour cream & chives for the potatoe toppings.

As for what to have with it...maybe fresh fruit &/or tossed salad or pasta salad...
    False
    Your potato bar could be the entree...have as part of the toppings cooked chicken or diced ham or chili, along with the normal toppings, like Amy suggested.

I think Cittie's fruit and/or pasta salad idea would be great for "sides" with the potatoes!!
    False
    Chipped beef cooked in cream of mushroom soup, chunked or shredded chicken cooked in a good smoky BBQ sauce, browned, crumbled breakfast sausage cooked with cream of onion soup, chopped smoked or Polish sausage in BBQ sauce.

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    Baked potatoes are always good topped with broccoli and cheese; bacon bits; shredded barbeque chicken; salsa and sour cream; chili and cheese and of course, sour cream and chives.

I was excited to see that you are a school cook...I too, work in a school cafeteria.....not a cook, but I serve. We are a small school with a small staff (just 6 of us). We are always looking for new menu items. The kids are getting tired of the same old menu....cheeseburgers, hot dogs, pizza, tacos, fajitas, chicken nuggets, etc. We introduced a few new things last year that went over well....hot ham and egg bagels and turkey and roast beef wraps. The problem is...we are working in a small kitchen with a small budget. Any suggestions you have for new lunch ideas would be great. Thanks.

Kim
    False
    We just done a potato bar at church here's what we had.
    Sour cream
    Broccoli
    Cheese
    Chili
    bacon bits
    melted cheese
    Crotons
    We had differnt kinds of butter.Like butter with chives in it.Butter with honey,Butter with bacon bits mixed in.
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    neat ideas thank you fresh fruit sounds great....hey Kim here is my email schoolpower@yahoo.com
    False
    Betty
    Kimsonmerk, I too worked as server too I loved it, We had a lunch that was called
    tacos in a bag the kids liked it well. You have the tacos fixings and serving size bags of fritos and we would open the bags as we served and put the tacos fixings over the fritos the kids thought that was cool to eat right out of the bags.
    alldoneandready
    False
    That trick with the bags of Fritos is also done with chili.I think kids might get a kick out of an idea like that.Also here is a spread that is used on tortillas and then rolled up. Pat
    * Exported from Key Home Gourmet *

PEANUT BUTTER SPREAD

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Spreads

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    2 tbsps. peanut butter
    1/2 cup ricotta cheese
    1/4 tsp. cinnamon
    1 tbsp. brown sugar
    4 flour tortillas
    1 slice banana or apple or jam

Mix peanut butter, ricotta,cinnamon,& brown sugar together.
    Spread over tortillas & cover with fruit.
    Roll the tortilla up.
    Keep leftover spread in fridge.
    Makes about 3/4 cup.
    3 tblsps. per tortilla.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

False