ISO: Good recipe using self rising flour to make homemade pancakes... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Good recipe using self rising flour to make homemade pancakes...

Last post Aug 14, 2004 11:21 PM by sugarbug . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • ISO: Good recipe using self rising flour to make homemade pancakes...
    I have been looking everywhere for a really good recipe to make pancakes using self rising flour. Any one got any suggestions?

Thanks!

Dee
    False
  • RE: ISO: Good recipe using self rising flour to make homemade pancakes...
    Heres the homemade recipe I always use. They are called Cloud Light Pancakes....1C. White flour, 2T. sugar, 1/2tsp. salt,1-1/2T. Baking powder,3/4C. milk,1 egg,2T.oil. Mix together. I sometimes add some more milk to make it a little bit more runny. Good luck! Rosey
    False
    bump
    False
    The self-rising flour I buy, usually has the recipe on the back of the bag. Basically when I make them I just add milk and eggs and maybe a tablespoon or two of sugar. The leavening ingredients is already in the flour, so you don't need to add baking powder. I guess if you used buttermilk you might need to put some baking soda in it.
    I just add the milk till it is the consistency I want.

If I find my recipe, I'll post it.

Margaret

False

If your spirit is grateful and humble / your tongue won't constantly grumble.
    Thanks for all your help! Am gonna try them out in the morning. I'll let you know how much of a mess I make, ok? LOL

Just joking! DH loves pancakes, so thought I would make him some to go with the "real" maple syrup that a friend of ours brought us back from NY.

Thanks again!

((hugs)) Dee
    False