No Teeth of dentures for 2 months. What to cook? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

No Teeth of dentures for 2 months. What to cook?

Last post Aug 19, 2004 6:41 PM by bookworm78 . 16 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12
  • No Teeth of dentures for 2 months. What to cook?
    My DBF got his remaining teeth pulled yesterday and won't be getting his dentures for 2 months to allow the swelling to go down and to heal up. Can you give me some ideas for meals to make for him? He is usually a "meat & potato" guy. I did think of spaghetti, tuna & noodles, hamburger gravy with mashed potaotes, mac & cheese, but could use some more ideas.
    Thanks for your help,
    bookworm78 (Cathy)
    False
  • RE: No Teeth of dentures for 2 months. What to cook?
    Hearty cream soups. I bet he would like a good potato soup or a cheesy potato soup.
    There is a good recipe for Stuffed Pepper Soup......so good. It really tastes like stuffed peppers but would be easy to chew and swallow.
    Milkshakes!!!!
    Mashed potatoes with minced pieces of meat.
    False
    Thanks. Now to run these ideas past him (LOL)
    False
    Ice cream,puddings,jello,whipped sweet potatoes,ground turkey or chicken,Americam Chop Suey,chicken noodle or rice soup. Pat
    False
    Soups, smoothies with fruit and yogurt or whatever.
    False
    I remember when my Grandpa had all of his teeth pulled. He enjoyed Oreos dipped in milk.
    False
    Do you have a pressure cooker? You can make any cut of meat so tender he can cut smaller bites with a spoon.
    False

"Wit is educated insolence." Aristotle

i use to put food in the blender like baby food for my grandma
    like roast beef gravy i would add the gravy to the meat worked great
    know you got the food pros to do it
    False
    How about:

chicken and dumplings (bet you could chop the chicken up real fine)dumplings would be soft kind.

soft cooked eggs and toast dipped in hot chocolate

Hearty cream of potatoe soup, maybe dip soft french bread in it to soften the bread

Oatmeal with brown sugar and raisens

PUMPKIN' PIE

Chicken and rice (chop the chicken real fine)

Rice and hamburger casseroles (again, mash everything real fine for him)

Hope this helps!

Jannalee

False
    When his gums heal completely you will be surprised at what he will be able to eat!
    The gums will harden and he will be able to chew quite a few things. My Mom and Dad both wore dentures and they didn't sacrifice very much when they went through the "waiting" period. Mom would take an apple and scrape the inside with a spoon and eat her apple that way; but they ate just about everything, except steak and meats like that. They could eat roasts, hamburgers, hot dogs and like I said, just about everything!
    False
    When my upper teeth was extracted I woke up with my new dentures in my mouth. If it didn't go through a straw. Then it didn't go!!lol
    Later when all the stitches was removed and healed, I found that most foods could be well cooked and put in blender.
    For those that can drink the Ensure (not me) milk shakes made with that will give the vitamins he needs.
    I wish him well, its not fun.

Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Scrambled Eggs
    Soup as stated before
    Soft soft cheese
    pancakes, he should be able to eat those.
    hard boiled eggs, smash them and put some mayonnaise or something in them for flavor
    If all else fails, either blend his food, or try giving him some of the baby food when they get a little bigger
    Oh fried rice with shrimp in, I bet he could handle that.
    Cooked rice for dessert
    Puddings
    Cream pies, leave the crust off
    Cakes without any nuts in them
    Mashed potatoes with gravy
    Malted milks
    Canned peas are soft
    Dinty Moore Beef stew, remove the meat
    Boiled potatoes
    Tuna should be easy, flavor it with something for him, whatever he would like, mayonnaise as in a tuna sandwich, or put lemon juice with a good seasoning to pep it up.
    Ice cream for dessert, that is easy

If you use your imagination, you can find some things for 2 months.

Good luck
    False
    Note: Even how small you break up the hamburger, at 1st that is going to be hard for him to eat.

Spaghetti and sauce

Just think of what you would give a baby to eat with only a few teeth should help you, when they start to eat what we call here people food instead of baby food.

Watermelon and cantelope while in season

Real soft doughnuts,

Pea soup
    Potato soup

try frying an egg, but do not get it crisp at all, keep it as soft as you can

False
    These tips will come in handy for myself because I will have to get all of my teeth pulled out in the near future also.
    False

"Disabled And Proud!" Both me and my only child are SSA Registered-Certified Disabled PWDs. I was born in the state of California, in the county of Santa Clara, in the city of San José. ***In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen and the Queen will answer. - Norwegian Proverb***

Shephard's pie--meat,potato,veggies & gravy!
    Quiche with no crust--lots of options there.
    Chile with no beans, served over mashed pots, or my fave--cottage cheese
    False