need a recipe for southern living's marinated cheese | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

need a recipe for southern living's marinated cheese

Last post Aug 30, 2004 9:53 AM by swtexasgirl . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • need a recipe for southern living's marinated cheese
    I have lost my recipe from southern living's cookbook-not sure which year, for marinated cheese. I would love to have it again. Is there anyone that has it?
    Thanks!!
    False
  • RE: need a recipe for southern living's marinated cheese
    Not sure if this is it or not.

Marinated Cheese

1/2 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup white wine vinegar
    1 (2 ounce) bottle diced pimento, drained
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    3 tablespoons minced green onions
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon sugar
    3/4 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 (8 ounce) package Cheddar cheese
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cold

In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the olive oil, wine vinegar, pimento, parsley, green onion, garlic, sugar, basil, salt and pepper. Shake vigorously to blend. Set aside.

Cut the block of Cheddar cheese in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices to form squares. Repeat with cream cheese. Arrange cheese squares alternately in a shallow baking dish with slices standing on edge. You can arrange in a single long row, or 2 parallel rows depending on the size of your dish. Pour the marinade from the jar over the cheese slices, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.

To serve, remove slices to a serving platter so they are still arranged in an alternating pattern. Spoon some of the extra marinade over the cheese, and serve with crackers.

False
    From November 1990

Marinated Cheese

1 (0.7 ounce) envelop Italian Salad Dressing Mix
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    2 tablespoons water
    2 tablespoons minced green onion
    1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
    1 (8-ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese
    1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar Cheese
    1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
    1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimento, drained
    garnish - fresh parsley springs

Combine first 6 ingredients in a small jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously to blend. Set aside.

Cut Monterey Jack Cheese crosswise into 1/4-inch strips. Cut each strip in half to form 2 squares. Set aside. Repeat cutting procedure with Cheddar cheese and cream cheese.

Assemble cheese slices like dominoes in two rows in a 2-quart dish, alternating Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese side by side. Pour marinade over cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain and arrange cheese on a platter in rows. top each row with diced pimento. Garnish, if desired. Serve with crackers

yield: 25 appetizer servings
    False
    bump
    False
    Thank you for your help, I'm going to make them both!
    False