Another Serbian Recipe: Kroketi Od Krompira | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Another Serbian Recipe: Kroketi Od Krompira

Last post Aug 29, 2004 4:14 PM by carolinacooker . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Another Serbian Recipe: Kroketi Od Krompira
    I'm posting this recipe, because my father would have loved it! (even if he was German!)

Potato Fritters (Kroketi Od Krompira)

1 pound peeled potatoes
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/3 cup butter
    1 and 1/2 cups flour
    salt
    1 and 1/2 cups oil

Boil potatoes. Put them through a sieve or mash them while they are still hot. Add eggs, butter, flour and salt. Knead. Flour the board well, roll out to about 5/8 inch thickness. With a small cookie cutter, cut rounds and fry them in hot oil.
    False

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."

• RE: Another Serbian Recipe: Kroketi Od Krompira
    Great post! I see you are new, so this is exactly the way to do it so the most possible people see your recipe--label it as recipe, and the name of it. Perfect! And thanks for participating. Lots of people on this BB like to sample recipes from different cuisines and expand their horizons!
    False
    I'm sorry...I got the idea from your other post that you were new, but I see you have been on the BB for quite awhile. My apologies.
    False
    Sounds very much like a German dialect.
    In parts of Germany they call potatoes
    "Krumbeere" or "Krombeere" and Kroketi sounds like "Croquettes" orin German "Kroketten".
    Serbia being close to Austria where they speak German with a distinct dialect could be the reason it sounds like German to me. (I have no idea what the Serbian language would sound like, Yugoslavian, perhaps??)
    This is just an bservation and I was curious because it sounded so much like a GErman dialect.
    Grelo
    False
    Thank you ConnieK, these do sound good!
    False
    Sounds delicious. I love potato recipes. Thanks!
    False