REC: VERNOR'S SPICE CAKE | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

REC: VERNOR'S SPICE CAKE

Last post Sep 30, 2009 3:24 PM by cfnierVT . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • REC: VERNOR'S SPICE CAKE
    Believe me! NO other brand of ginger ale will work for this. No one makes ginger ale that tastes like Vernor's.

John

VERNOR'S SPICE CAKE

1 c. unsalted butter (room temperature)
    1 1/2 c. light brown sugar
    1 c. granulated sugar
    4 eggs
    2 t. vanilla
    1 t. rum extract
    1 c. Vernor's ginger ale
    1/2 t. salt
    2 1/2 t. baking powder
    1/2 t. baking soda
    1 T. cinnamon
    1/4 t. ginger
    1/2 t. freshly grated nutmeg
    1/2 t. cloves
    3 c. flour

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a (9x13 inch) pan or a (10 inch) tube or Bundt pan. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Blend in eggs, vanilla and rum extract. Add Vernor's. In another large bowl toss together the dry ingredients. Add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake until the cake springs back when lightly pressed (45 minutes for sheet pan and 60 minutes for the tube or Bundt pan). Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Cool thoroughly on a rack. Dust with confectioners sugar. The (9x13 inch) cake may be served from the pan.
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
  • RE: REC: VERNOR'S SPICE CAKE
    bump
    False
    :-)
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    John, my DH is a Vernor's fanatic. So is my 2 year old. I think this cake might just make them VERY happy! Thanks for sharing this recipe, I have copied it, and when I make it, I will let you know how it went.
    False
    Hi....Thanks so much for the recipe. Vernor's is the best ginger ale and my favorite. I can't always find it in the glass bottles (which taste the best) so will buy it in plastic and cans in a pinch. I sure wish they would start selling all the different pops in glass again...it's sooooo much better.
    ~Barb~
    False
    I grew up in Michigan and Vernor's was always my FAVORITE!! I've lived in Connecticut for 38 years---NO VERNOR'S!! When I visit Michigan, that's the first thing I look for.
    False
  • Re: RE: REC: VERNOR'S SPICE CAKE

Yes  bump for Autumn

False

• Re: REC: VERNOR'S SPICE CAKE

I am going to try this with Vermont Gingerale. Wish me luck, chris

False

Sounds yum-may, Mr. John!

Thanks for sharing!!!

:)

Ellen

False

****BUMP****

False
    Oh, my husband and I LOVE Vernor's. We are both originally from OH but can't get it in NH. When we go back to OH, we usually stock up but it's been over a year now and have been without for much too long!! Thanks for the recipe. Laura
    False

Laura, Where in NH are you? I am in Vermont on the border with NH, By Charlestown just south of Claremont NH. Chris

False