ISO: Soft Sugar Cookies with Icing...Like Lofthouse or the ones at Super Wal-Mart | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Soft Sugar Cookies with Icing...Like Lofthouse or the ones at Super Wal-Mart

Last post Oct 30, 2005 11:59 AM by neelycharmed . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • ISO: Soft Sugar Cookies with Icing...Like Lofthouse or the ones at Super Wal-Mart
    I would sure like to make the soft sugar cookies with the white, pink, yellow, or blue icing on them like the ones sold in the Super Wal-Mart bakery. They all have sprinkles on top of the icing. My DS just loves them. Can anyone help?
    False
  • RE: ISO: Soft Sugar Cookies with Icing...Like Lofthouse or the ones at Super Wal-Mart
    I LOVE those kind also. SO good. :)
    False
  • RE: ISO: Soft Sugar Cookies with Icing...Like Lofthouse or the ones at Super Wal-Mart
    bumping because I would like a recipe too. I love these.
    False
    There is a recipe on here somewhere! I know this, because I made them, and they were wonderful. Then I misplaced the recipe. :( I would love to credit whoever posted it, though, because they wewre identical to the soft, yummy ones!
    False
    Flipper78 listed these in another post. I haven't tried them personally, but don't know how you can go wrong with these ingredients!!!

:)

LOFTHOUSE COOKIES

This recipe is courtesy of highdesert.com. According to the site, they taste very similar. Enjoy, and hopefully it hits the spot.

1 C. butter
    2 C. sugar
    3 eggs
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1 1/2 C. sour cream
    5-6 C. flour (until desired consistency for rolling)

Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and sour cream. Mix in dry ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 425 F.

Roll out dough to a 1/4 to 3/8 inch thickness using a generous amount of flour. Cut out shapes and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Frost and decorate as desired.
    False
    Bumping for the recipe.
    False
    Thanks Spamsy! I must have missed it the first time around! I'm going to give them a try next week. I will probably just use ready-made frosting and tint it with food coloring.
    False
    Hi Lady Creole..this is the one I make all the time. The only difference between mine and Wal-Mart's it the frosting...

Dee' Best Christmas Sugar Cookies

1/2 c. butter
    1 c. sugar
    1/2 c. crisco
    2 eggs

Disolve 1 tsp. soda into 4 Tbl. milk and add to the above mixture, stir in 1 tsp. vanilla and 4 c. flour. Roll thin and cut. Bake 8 min. at 350 degrees, dont let them brown.

* I have also used a little more flour to the mixture and used a small Icecream scoop to drop on the cookie sheet and used the bottom of a glass dipped in flour to flatten. It works real well.

Frosting

1/3 c. soft butter
    1 1/2 tsp. vanilla3 c. powder sugar
    2 Tbl. milk

Stir together, separate into different bowls for coloring.

My family loves these cookies..but they like them thick, so when I roll them out to cut, I roll them out thicker. When I use the scoop, it is to make the task of making so many of these simplier. Since I have to make sooooo many batches, these also freeze well, but Do Not Double This Recipe. It doesn't work out well..

Dee

False
    Thank you Dee! I now have two great sounding recipes to try! For Halloween, I want to tint my icing orange and then use black (chocolate) sprinkles on them. For Easter, I want to do a variety of pastel colors, etc.
    False
    You are so welcome Lady Creole...when I received this recipe from a relative, I never made another kind again...my family knows that I will always make them on the holidays and they usually walk away with handfulls! LOL

Good Luck, I hope they turn out a winner in your family as well.

((hugs))

Dee
    False
    bump for me later,
    :)
    False